Real Time Monitoring occasionally does not work

GeorgeCalli
Go to solution Solved by GeorgeCalli,

GeorgeCalli

Good day all.

My Emby Server is on an Android Box and has been working exceptionally well.

Occasionally, when I've downloaded a movie and added it to movie folder on the Network drive, the network drive, the server does not pick it up.

Under Library, Real Time Monitoring is selected.

I then try to Scan Library files - get indication that is doing so, yet the movie is not listed.

The movie name is according to the required universal naming convention. (Movie name (year). extension)

All other media and movies work very well and can be viewed from Emby apps.

I found that the only way to solve this problem, is to remove the library and re - create it.

Is there something I can do to overcome this problem perhaps?

Server is version 4.7.5.0 and I get message that Emby Server is up to date.

Network path: smb://readyshare/S_Drive\Movies.

We just had a power failure. Once the power was restored, I reset everything, switched on the server, and made sure the Network drive is visible. All movies are listed and can be seen on an Emby app on the TV, but when you select to continue watching, I get the following message:

"Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

George

Edited by GeorgeCalli
additional information that might be relevant.

GeorgeCalli

Under activity on the Dashboard, it gives me the message that the movies on the TV (Lounge) has finished being played.

I tried playing it as Admin, got same error message, but under activity it says Admin has finished playing the movie.

Thanks once again. Appreciate it!

Edited by GeorgeCalli
additional information that might be relevant.

GeorgeCalli

Apologies for the delay.

My Emby Server is on an Android Box and has been working exceptionally well.

Server is version 4.7.5.0 and I get message that Emby Server is up to date.

Network path: smb://readyshare/S_Drive\Movies

Under Library, Real Time Monitoring is selected.

I now get the following error.

"Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later.

I then Scan Library files - get indication that is scanning

Previously I found that the only way to solve this problem, is to remove the library and re - create it.

But unfortunately, now it does not solve the problem - I get the same message.

If I recall correctly, (I speak under correction) before the last two updates, it worked well.

Is there something I can do to overcome this problem perhaps? I don't know how to troubleshoot this problem

Server is on, and the Network drive is visible. All movies are listed and can be seen on an Emby app on the TV, but when you select to continue watching, I get the message.

Your assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks

George

Emby No Available streams.pdf

Hi, what device are you running the server on? Can you please attach the emby server log in it's original plain text format rather than a pdf? Thanks !

Happy2Play

@Lukeisn't it do to using smb path?

2022-07-17 15:36:17.254 Error BaseItem: Error refreshing owned items for smb://readyshare/S_Drive/Movies/Hacksaw.Ridge.2016.1080p.BluRay.x264-[YTS.AG].mp4

SharpCifs.Smb.SmbException: Failed to connect to server

GeorgeCalli

Just checked. Windows share is available.

Advanced sharing settings:

Turn on network discovery and automatic setup of network-connected devices and

Turn on file and printer sharing - all selected.

I can see PC on my TV on the same network.

As I mentioned previously, it used to work using the smb path

Ok sorry my mistake. On the Android server there is currently no realtime monitor support for windows shares .

GeorgeCalli

Not a problem. Thanks for looking into this.

I'll wait for your suggestions.

Appreciate your assistance.

GeorgeCalli

Luke Hi

Some feedback for your info:

Previously when I first noticed the Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later,

I deleted the Library and re-created it, but this didn't fix the problem.

Today, I decided to create a new Movies library (Movies 2) without deleting the original one, and to my surprise, it works. 

The original one (Movies), also now works. I don't know why this is, but they both now work, without the error message.

I then added a movie to the Movie drive, and this was recognised in both libraries.

I will later delete the one library and see if it affects the other remaining one and will get back to you.

• Solution
GeorgeCalli

I deleted the second Movie library (Movies 2) and was pleased to note that the original Movie library now works.

Thanks for the help.

GeorgeCalli

Hi all.

Unfortunately, after working for a short period of time, the error is back! Playback Error" No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later

I attach server log for your info.

I will create another Movie library as I did previously and see if it rectifies the situation

embyserver.txt

GeorgeCalli

OK, I created a second Movies library called 'Movies 1' and guess what - it works.

And....now the original Movies library, also works.

I've attached log file of this instance for your perusal.

I will now delete the original Movies library file and then see if it will affect the second one I just created 'Movies2'

embyserver (2).txt

• Thanks 1