IntroSkip Plugin

crusher11

crusher11

Turns out the plugin is moving the first chapter point after the intro to the end of the intro? Surely that's not the expected behaviour.

ie I have a basketball game with these chapters:

Intro 0:00
1st Quarter 05:31
2nd Quarter 19:43
Half Time 31:30
3rd Quarter 35:00
4th Quarter 57:59

IntroSkip finds an intro from 0:00 to 0:31, now I have these chapters:

Title Sequence 0:00
End Title Sequence 0:31
1st Quarter 0:31

The chapter marker at 05:31 just vanishes into thin air.

Cheesegeezer
8 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

Turns out the plugin is moving the first chapter point after the intro to the end of the intro? Surely that's not the expected behaviour.

ie I have a basketball game with these chapters:

1st Quarter 05:31

IntroSkip finds an intro from 0:00 to 0:31, now I have these chapters:

Title Sequence 0:00
End Title Sequence 0:31
1st Quarter 0:31

The chapter marker at 05:31 just vanishes into thin air.

@rbjtech maybe you can confirm or dispute this....

But as I believe it, this is intentional and has always been the case.  The introStart and introEnd were designed for TV episodes to find the TitleMusic for the Series/Season/Episode.  

So After the Intro Ends it is assumed that we need to move the next chapter point to the end of the Intro end.  What you would need to do is set your end time for the intro to 05:31, because you are saying that there is a 5min 31second clip of music or Title sequence, which i don't believe.  you have a 31 second Actual intro and then a load of chat before the first quarter starts so you would need to have another chapter point in there with the title of "Pre-Game Chat" or something like that.

Here is why we don't want to be displaying intro End chapter points because they are irrelevant and the next chapter should start when the intro ends

image.thumb.png.553933283164d33346152cfac57877fa.png

And this even works with correctly named chapter points - Note: the below example uses the old Intro Start Text of "Title Sequence" but it moves the chapter marker to the to the Intro End Marker

image.thumb.png.99a788c0964cc8e2ea9fd014d594823e.png

• Agree 1

crusher11
1 hour ago, Cheesegeezer said:

What you would need to do is set your end time for the intro to 05:31, because you are saying that there is a 5min 31second clip of music or Title sequence, which i don't believe.

That doesn't make any sense. 05:31 isn't the end of the title sequence, it's the start of the first quarter. And as you say, it's not a 5:31 title sequence either.

So I now have to go back through everything I have and re-add chapter points? That'll take months.

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, crusher11 said:

That doesn't make any sense. 05:31 isn't the end of the title sequence, it's the start of the first quarter. And as you say, it's not a 5:31 title sequence either.

So I now have to go back through everything I have and re-add chapter points? That'll take months.

This has been like this since the start of adding chapters to the plugin. Well over a year ago now!!   So it's nothing new that's just crept in.

The plugin is obselete now, so i don't know why you are using it.

crusher11
1 minute ago, Cheesegeezer said:

This has been like this since the start of adding chapters to the plugin. Well over a year ago now!!   So it's nothing new that's just crept in.

The plugin is obselete now, so i don't know why you are using it.

If by "obsolete" you mean "not in development", yes. If by "obsolete" you mean "replaced by something equivalent or better", no. I'm using it for end credits detection and to have a backup of my intro and end times, neither of which are supported by the core implementation.

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, crusher11 said:

If by "obsolete" you mean "not in development", yes. If by "obsolete" you mean "replaced by something equivalent or better", no. I'm using it for end credits detection and to have a backup of my intro and end times, neither of which are supported by the core implementation.

ok so your Intros should have been processed in the Database. which means they will not be processed again.  If that's something you have reset or reprocessed, then i'm sorry that's nothing to do with the plugin or us.  I stand by what i said - that the way the plugin works for chapters has never changed since its inception over a year ago.

The plugin in neither in development NOR Available.

crusher11
16 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

The plugin in neither in development NOR Available.

But it's still vastly better than the core.

Shifting that chapter point seems like an error that really should have been picked up on earlier. How does the core handle that? @Luke?

Cheesegeezer
Just now, crusher11 said:

But it's still vastly better than the core.

Shifting that chapter point seems like an error that really should have been picked up on earlier. How does the core handle that? @Luke?

it only seems like an error to you because you want to use the intro markers not as intended, if you had a chapter in there that was named Pre Game prior to the first quarter there wouldn't be any issues but you want a 5:31min intro, which is technically incorrect.

the core doesn't add any chapter points, it only adds intro markers.

It's upto you however I would suggest disabling Chapters in the plugin from now on if you are still using it.

Please read the wiki here

https://github.com/chefbennyj1/Emby.IntroSkip.Release/wiki/3.-Settings#2-chapters

crusher11
7 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

it only seems like an error to you because you want to use the intro markers not as intended, if you had a chapter in there that was named Pre Game prior to the first quarter there wouldn't be any issues but you want a 5:31min intro, which is technically incorrect.

I don't want a 5:31 intro, and I'm not sure what's giving you that impression.

Cheesegeezer
1 hour ago, crusher11 said:

I don't want a 5:31 intro, and I'm not sure what's giving you that impression.

image.png.ad6fdaedffedda9892e6c2374923cd32.png

INTROSKIP FINDS AND INTRO FROM 0:00 TO 0:31 - THAT IS THE INTRO

SO LET ME ASK THIS QUESTION.....  WHAT IS THE NEXT LOGICAL CHAPTER AFTER THE INTRO??

I don't get the point you are trying to make.

It makes no difference anyway.  I have told you how chapters are handled in the plugin and have ALWAYS been handle... and, i have told you that this will not get worked on, changed, updated or released.  You are flogging a dead horse.  

This will be the final time i will ever see any of your posts or messages.

Regards

crusher11
5 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

image.png.ad6fdaedffedda9892e6c2374923cd32.png

The first chapter is called intro because that's what I've been calling my pre-game-waffling chapter since long before IntroSkip was a thing. Since long before I started using Emby, even.

6 minutes ago, Cheesegeezer said:

SO LET ME ASK THIS QUESTION.....  WHAT IS THE NEXT LOGICAL CHAPTER AFTER THE INTRO??

"Intro resumes", I guess? Yeah, with custom chapter names it gets a bit weird but flat-out deleting an existing chapter point is the wrong approach.

@Luke? How does the core handle this?

2 hours ago, crusher11 said:

The first chapter is called intro because that's what I've been calling my pre-game-waffling chapter since long before IntroSkip was a thing. Since long before I started using Emby, even.

"Intro resumes", I guess? Yeah, with custom chapter names it gets a bit weird but flat-out deleting an existing chapter point is the wrong approach.

@Luke? How does the core handle this?

I haven't read all of the backstory here, but the core simply inserts the intro marker and does not touch the other chapters.

Cheesegeezer
50 minutes ago, Luke said:

I haven't read all of the backstory here, but the core simply inserts the intro marker and does not touch the other chapters.

This is what i stated earlier to him. That the core only does this.

Hello can someone provide me the Emby IntroSkip release 1.0.0.0 or newer?

Under Plugin it is no longer to be found unfortunately and I had to reinstall emby without backup.

Edited by scarfaro

Cheesegeezer
1 minute ago, scarfaro said:

Hello can someone provide me the Emby IntroSkip release 1.0.0.0 or newer?

Under Plugin it is unfortunately no longer to find and I had to reinstall emby without backup unfortunately.

Its is obsolete now, due to Emby team integration. The plugin is no longer available.

Sorry fella

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Is the project dead? Is it still being worked on internally? Is there a comparable successor?

I loved this feature.

Edited by scarfaro

Cheesegeezer
4 minutes ago, scarfaro said:

Hello, thank you for your reply.

Is the project dead? Is it still being worked on internally? Is there a comparable successor?

I loved this feature.

Honestly… its is very much parked… with chef, sam and myself not even looking at it all… nothing at all.

@TeamB has created a great chapterAPI plugin to honour the core’s lack of intro editing.   

i agree that the plugin was what any community would want but we never really got the light of day. 

sorry chief

fbrassin

Does chapterAPI plugin have a auto intro skip for clients?

I have an apple tv but i cannot auto skip for the moment, while when i used intro skip plugin it worked fine.

3 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

As long as the chapters are marked correctly (IntroStart, IntroEnd) the client should show the button or auto-skip.
The clients needs to support this though, might be that AppleTV is lagging behind other clients.

• Like 1

seanbuff
10 minutes ago, fbrassin said:

For clarity, don't confuse the Chapter API plugin with the actual core IntroSkip feature, they are two separate things - the former is just a visual UI for displaying (and editing) the chapter markers that the core's IntroSkip feature finds after scanning your library.

So yes, the built-in IntroSkip feature has Auto Skip, but as @neik said the Apple TV app is currently missing support for it. So you will not see this working in that client until it is updated to support it. No one knows when that is just yet.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, fbrassin said:

Skipping in the client is now handled by the clients. Also the core intro detection function and most clients require a Premium subscription to Emby for it to work.

The only client I know of that does not require Premium is Kodi with either of the kodi addons.

17 hours ago, seanbuff said:

For clarity, don't confuse the Chapter API plugin with the actual core IntroSkip feature, they are two separate things - the former is just a visual UI for displaying (and editing) the chapter markers that the core's IntroSkip feature finds after scanning your library.

This is not entirely correct, the Emby ChapterAPI plugin also has a way of auto detecting intro segments. It uses the same base approach of extracting audio chromaprint info and matching that to known intro theme audio segments.

• Thanks 1

crusher11

So @Luke, am I to assume it would be safe to use the @TeamB ChapterAPI plugin to go in and remove any regular chapter markers with the same timing as the IntroEnd/IntroStart markers?

• 4 weeks later...

I was hoping someone would or could help me with this my questions regarding the intro skip plugin. Some already know that I was not up to date on the emby server version so I upgraded to the current version and had to fix a lot of my plugins. I so far have gotten the VirtualTV plugin and the Vantage Point Plugin working again... now I'm looking to figure out the skip intro plugin to work. It no longer shows up in my plugin catalog so how would I go about this?

Thanks in advance for any help.