Ram spiking to 95% when trying to access media

gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I don't know if this is an Emby issue or a QNAP issues, but thought I would post in here, in case it is the latter, and someone has a solution.

I will use the movie 'Dirty Dancing' as an example, but my issue exists in other movies and tv shows.

I have 'Dirty Dancing' on my hard drive. This can be played and edited with no issues.

My IPTV supplies VOD, which I have added to Emby  (VOD movies go into the main movie library, and TV into the main tv library, but I have also tried creating their own seperate library)

In the list of VOD movies is 'Dirty Dancing', and when added to Emby, the file on my hard drive and strm are shown as one item in the library - which is correct.

My issues comes when I try to do any of the following: watch the movie, edit the metadata or access the movie details screen. The RAM in my QNAP spikes to around 95%, and will stay there until I reboot the QNAP, making Emby and my QNAP unusable.

If I have just the video file on my hard drive, or just a strm file, they play fine, it's just when there is a combination of both.

Anyone come across this issue before?

Hi there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks.

gillmacca01

attempted to view movie detail screen twice, and using my android phone, held over the poster, but did not get the menu to appear.

This was at 21:44 - movie 'battle for the planet of the apes'

embyserver.txt

Apologys, for the extra info in the log. I am currently still adding tv shows from VOD

I am running the latest beta, but this also happens in the stable version

Looking at the resource monitor on the QNAP, it says embyserver is using 4805840 memory, everything else seems to peak around 3000. Once the server has rebooted, I will check to see what memory it says then

Just in case this helps

Edited by gillmacca01

gillmacca01

Restarted QNAP, and emberserver is now using 393104 memory

OK, please try removing these plugins:

2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading Emby.AutoOrganize, Version=1.6.41.23, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/Emby.AutoOrganize.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading MovieThemeSongs, Version=1.7.5.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/moviethemesongs.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading ThemeSongs, Version=1.6.6.7, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/themesongs.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLordMovies.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord, Version=19.8.3.1105, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.TimeLord.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushOverNotifications, Version=3.1.3.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/MediaBrowser.Plugins.PushOverNotifications.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.335 Info App: Loading AutoCollections, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/AutoCollections.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.336 Info App: Loading CustomPersonProvider, Version=1.0.0.209, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/CustomPersonProvider.dll
2022-07-08 14:46:47.336 Info App: Loading SmartPlaylist, Version=2.3.0.2, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null from /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata/plugins/SmartPlaylist.dll

Then restart the server and see how that compares. Thanks.

gillmacca01

Still happening with RAM spiking at 85% now

New log attached:

embyserver.txt

Edited by gillmacca01

OK, you may also want to try removing the cover art plugin to see if that helps.

gillmacca01

Same issue with coverart removed, but after leaving it on trying to load the movie detail screen for a couple of minutes, there is a message on the screen - content no longer available. 

I have verified that both the video file and the strm file still exists

Log attached

embyserver.txt

Edited by gillmacca01

That just means the server hasn't finished starting up yet. I would just refresh the page.

gillmacca01

Will give it another go once my NAS has rebooted

gillmacca01

still a blank screen on the movie detail page. No information in the logs, so I have turn on debugging incase this shows anything

embyserver.txt

gillmacca01

The movie detail screen has just populated after several minutes.

If I back out to movie list, and select the same movie again, it gets stuck on a blank screen again

New server log

embyserver (1).txt

Edited by gillmacca01

gillmacca01

This is getting weird. I just changed the parental rating for this movie, and now it is loaded instantly and the menu appears from the 3 dots.

No idea how changing that would appear to fix it

Edited by gillmacca01

gillmacca01

I'm now wondering if the issue was because my video file had a different parental rating to the strm file