Can't play audio files on Nvidia Shield

letang2
Go to solution Solved by letang2,

• Solution
letang2

I'm trying to play audio files (in this case an MP3, but I've also tried it with M4B and AAC) on my NVIDIA Shield; however, they won't play when my Shield is connected to a different network than my media server. The problem does not occur when accessing Emby through my web browser or the Emby app on my phone. It also never occurs when playing video files, regardless of what device or what network I am playing them on.

NOTES:

Media Server (running Win10, with Emby Server 4.7.5) is connected to my home network/router.
NVIDIA Shield (running Shield Experience 9.1, with Emby app 2.0.77g) is connected to a different network/router.

STEPS TAKEN IN THE ENCLOSED LOGFILE:

-Opened Emby on NVIDIA Shield; tried to play the song "Blinding Lights." Playback is stuck at on 0:00 on my Shield, with no sound coming out; however, according to my server's dashboard, the song was playing. See the enclosed pictures for what the Shield and the server dashboard look like.
-At this point I connected my NVIDIA Shield to my home network/router.
-Re-opened Emby on NVIDIA Shield; again tried to play song "Blinding Lights." Same result as before, as seen in the images.
-In Emby app on NVIDIA Shield, clicked "Switch Server" then re-selected the same server. Tried to play the same song again. This time, the song works just fine.

I hope I've provided enough information; please let me know if I need to give more.

EDIT: finally solved this myself 15 minutes after posting it...after waiting 2-3 months to post it to these forums. Go figure. Apparently my Emby server config was pointed at my old security certificate rather than my new one. Not sure why this only affected audio files, and not video files, but it seems to be resolved. Mods, feel free to delete/close/whatever.

Edited by letang2
  • Like 1