Emby docker Freezing after update to 4.7

Eagleman04

Eagleman04

I have tried to find a similar topic but so far have been unable to do so (or perhaps I've used incorrect key words).  However, I'm having issues with Emby, which I run on on NAS in Docker using Emby's docker image.  Below is a high level overview of my set-up:

NAS Type: QNAP TVS-472XT
Operating System: latest version of QutsHero (5.0.0.2069, I believe). 
RAM: 64GB
CPU: i7-8700T

My first issue is that ever since updating to Emby version 4.7.0.60 or higher (I've tried all the way up to 4.7.5), Emby will freeze when more than one user tries to initially access the server.  For example, I get notified via Pushover whenever a new stream starts on the server and as I've recently gone back to letting iCPU do all the transcoding and I like to check in and make sure things are HW transcoding properly (in the case the movies they're streaming is HVEC). But I noticed after upgrading to 4.7+ that if I tried logging into Emby (using either the iOS app or web browser) within say 30-seconds of a new stream starting, that the app/web interface would freeze.  The users stream would often times pause/stop as well. This happens whether the movie in question needed transcoding or not. 

The second issue is that Emby seems to intermittently have trouble remotely streaming more than one movie at a time (I usually have no more than 2-3 users on at any given time).  My NAS is hardwired to the router and I have 1GB fiber internet, so bandwidth has never been an issue.  And per the machine's specs I mentioned above, there's plenty enough hardware to handle 2 concurrent streams and I didn't have issues prior to upgrading to 4.7+

Over the weekend, at my wits end trying to figure out the issue, I rolled my Emby docker container back to version 4.6.7 and both of the issues mentioned above have stopped.  I know 4.7 was a significant update but I'm unclear on what is causing the issue.  I did try to look through logs but nothing jumped out at me (no errors, timeouts, etc.), although admittedly I may just not know what to look for.

For now I have Emby working again as I've gone back to 4.6.7 so this isn't a critical issue, but I did want to mention something as I know it's not good to sit on older versions for too long.  And in the spirit of "see something, say something" I wanted to drop a note on the board.  If there's anything else I can provide to help I'm happy to do so.  Thanks guys.

HI there, can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened? Thanks !

Eagleman04

@Luke I think you can disregard this post for the time being.  I experienced the issues I mentioned above again this morning (running v4.6.7) and ran through my whole set-up again.  Despite having looked at it previously, I pulled up my Cloudflare settings again today and caught a typo in one of the page rules (not sure how I missed it last weekend) that I now suspect may be the real culprit. 

Apologies for the confusion, but I'll post back if I run into any other issues.