Browser integration into client

Eiskuh

Eiskuh

Hi.

Not sure if it would be possible to integrate a web browser into the client which can be controlled remotely. The idea is to remotely display websites on the client (e.g. Spotify, Netflix, Youtube) without leaving the emby environment. Bookmarks & saved login details could then be stored and managed similar to movies/musik. The embedded browser would offer an easy all-round usable alternative to future plugins e.g. Netflix that haven't been developed yet or are technically not possible as plugin.

Michael

Edited by Eiskuh
  • Agree 1

Eiskuh

Hi.

I have integrated Emby into my smarthome and am using emby via phone/tablet to control the emby clients which do not have keyboard/mouse/screen, e.g. Rasberry connected to HiFi. If a browser would be integrated into emby, I could stream music/videos and other content without exiting the emby environment. It also would add high flexibility for many new/future request still in development, e.g netflix, spotify, youtuve etc. which can run in a browser untill integrate inyo emby.

Trying to explain the family how to go and switch between multiple applications remotely can be a nightmare, not to mention all the additional apps need.

• 1 year later...
iPhoneMaxPro

hi in the future will emby have an integrated browser, so as not to leave the app?

Il 12/7/2022 alle 20:21, Luke disse:

OK, grazie per la spiegazione.

24 minutes ago, iPhoneMaxPro said:

hi in the future will emby have an integrated browser, so as not to leave the app?

To do what, browse websites?

iPhoneMaxPro
46 minutes ago, Luke said:

yes, for example, if you click on a content, a new tab opens in the browser every time, instead if it were integrated in emby everything would be more convenient, also because once the link is opened, it doesn't need to remain on the phone's browser

jgauger
On 7/14/2023 at 10:18 AM, Luke said:

I'm new and I would like to jump in.

What I would like is to put an item in "My Media" just like others (Movies, etc). Clicking on this would open a browser window to a specific URL (ie Netflix). I want to set up a computer that runs the client in a kiosk sort of mode so that you can't exit or close the client. Pardon me if this is a topic already discussed,