ios app a wish

scb99
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

scb99

When I have a server on the app, and access via WAN / internet, then go where the server is, and access on the LAN, and vice versa - I constantly have to manually input as if it's a new server the LAN IP and Port / the WAN Ip and Port. (It does recognise it's the same server though when I've done this, it doesn't keep duplicating it) Is there any chance the app could be intelligent about this?

Hi, why do you think you need to keep doing this? The app already supports this.

• Agree 1

scb99

Im not sure what you mean because when I go away from the LAN out on the Wan, the app doesnt switch back to the wan address, i have to connect new and type the wan address in

Happy2Play

Server info is maintained for LAN and WAN but transitioning from LAN to WAN does not maintain login connection and you have to login again

Tested

Selected Server on LAN and logged in

Disabled WiFi

User can no longer navigate as it isn't really connected anymore

Selected Sign out

Selected Server again and logged in via Cellular Data/WAN.

scb99

When i do that and selectthe server, it just comes up ‚unable to contact‘ in my experience??? Then I have to put the wan address in as a new server. (I wouldnt expect it to maintain the login connection)

im now in a different country to my servers, let’s put this on ice till i can systematically test again. That was just my experience and I just „assumed“ that was ‚the way it was‘

thanks

• Solution

Make sure the local and remote addresses displayed on your server dashboard are correct. Those are the addresses that it will be trying to use.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

Server info is maintained for LAN and WAN but transitioning from LAN to WAN does not maintain login connection and you have to login again

Tested

Selected Server on LAN and logged in

Disabled WiFi

User can no longer navigate as it isn't really connected anymore

Selected Sign out

Selected Server again and logged in via Cellular Data/WAN.

They are remembered just fine. The only reason you had to login again is due to clicking Sign Out.

Happy2Play
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

They are remembered just fine. The only reason you had to login again is due to clicking Sign Out.

Okay it actually does transition from LAN to WAN, it just appears to take a while as all I got were blank screen.  After a while the screen populated again.  

• Thanks 1

scb99
7 hours ago, Luke said:

Make sure the local and remote addresses displayed on your server dashboard are correct. Those are the addresses that it will be trying to use.

I‘ll check that out. Thanks Luke.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
scb99
1 hour ago, Luke said:

What was the solution?

Fix the external ports to match, it now works automatically (ETA i.e. with the port forwarding on my router)

Edited by scb99
  • Thanks 1