Emby internal Player with Hyperion support

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

@Luke I tried to used ambilight with emby but the emby internal player doesn't allow to grab the screen information.

The Leds are working using the menu but they turned off on media playback. I tried the mx player as an alternative media player for emby. The leds are working now but the app isn't that good like the emby media player. There areany missing features like chapters.

Kodi, MX Player or the VLC media player also works nice. I think it's an player problem. Can you or one of the emby dev's do some magic that the emby internal media player allow the screen grabber to use the video information?

fallenwitch3r

I hoped you can tell me. The LEDs won't light up if I use emby to play my media. The LEDs working If I use Kodi or VLC. Kodi have his own media player and Kodi don't use the default android media player app.

I use an screen grabber.

https://github.com/abrenoch/hyperion-android-grabber

And the Hyperion software in combination with adalight LEDs and an Arduino generates the ambilight effect.

https://github.com/hyperion-project

All LEDs working during the navigation through the emby menu. But the LEDs turned off if I start one of my media files through emby. But everything works fine if I use an alternate player like mx player or vlc as an alternate player for emby.

Emby don't allow the scree grabber app above to identify what's on the screen. So Hyperion receive no video information for the ambilght effect.

Com.tcl.ui_mediacenter is my default media player app on my tcl TV.

I don't know how to explain. I hope you understand what I mean.

Edited by fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

I updated my post. Please take a look at the additional information. I hope you can figure out what's missing or wrong

fallenwitch3r

Maybe it's a DRM/DHCP issue or something. On Netflix or prime it's definitely a DRM/DHCP issue..

But I think emby has not such problems.

Edited by fallenwitch3r

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: