Downgrade?

x2desmit

x2desmit

Hello,

I'm having trouble with my Apple TV and Xbox clients and I believe the issue is tied to the Linux server running 4.7.5 on Debian.

The titles play fine and there are no technical problems with the playback of the audio and video. BUT it takes forever to start streaming after selecting the video, sometimes it takes 20+ seconds to start the playback. Before the upgrade was maybe 5+ seconds. There is a noticeable difference.

This worked fine until I upgraded to 4.7.2 and hasn't stopped since. This does NOT happen through the Web browser, so it's not network speed that I can tell. Speedtest.net has the AppleTV pulling 180Mbits/sec from the web.

1. Is it possible to downgrade back to 4.7.1??

2. Is it possible that my library has gotten too large? I've added a lot of stuff lately. My library totals are at 273 days, 23 hours and 4 minutes

Thanks for any advice you may have.

x2desmit

Never mind. I think I figured it out.

I use TrueNAS as storage of the library's over NFS. I changed my settings for the NFS server on TrueNAS to bind to a specific IP. The Linux OSs '/etc/fstab' points to the IP I was binding to, so I'm not sure why it had a problem.

But after unchecking binding to a specific IP (a LAGG interface of 3 NICS) and instead bound to all IPs, the speed dramatically improved.

Again, NO IDEA how this could have affected NFS performance, but it did. Not a fan of the TrueNAS product....should have stuck with NetGear ReadyNAS.

Thanks again for the offer for help and the great product you guys put out.