Were the emby user database servers compromised?

demonseed

demonseed

I'm getting all sorts of data breach warnings from Google that my passwords used on the old mediabrowser and emby community pages were found online. 

I quickly browsed through the forums but didn't see any chatter on the matter, so thought I'd best say something so others that aren't using some sort of password manager and wouldn't  have any way of knowing their passwords have been stolen are notified that they need to change them.

To any OG users here that may remember me, Hello to all. You guys stay safe

chef
1 hour ago, demonseed said:

I'm getting all sorts of data breach warnings from Google that my passwords used on the old mediabrowser and emby community pages were found online. 

I quickly browsed through the forums but didn't see any chatter on the matter, so thought I'd best say something so others that aren't using some sort of password manager and wouldn't  have any way of knowing their passwords have been stolen are notified that they need to change them.

I'll be damned. You are alive @demonseed. I can't believe it. 😆👍👍👍👍

• Like 1

demonseed

lol last I checked anyways. Sometimes it's hard to tell these days :D But yeah I'm still kickin around here and there, looking for the next thing shiny to catch my attention then off I go, not to be seen or heard from for many many moons. I knew I was bound to see a few Diehards here when I dropped by, glad to see this community still holding strong

Edited by demonseed
  • Like 1

Gilgamesh_48
6 hours ago, demonseed said:

FWIW: I have had no as in zero issues with any data breach reports that involve Emby. I still receive notifications of "compromised data" involving the Plex data breach from years and years ago. However I eliminated all the email addresses and passwords I used from that long ago.

I believe that a lot of reporting tools/databases that are supposed to report data breaches are not reliable at all. It almost seems that the services that are supposed to help us be safe are actually tools of big business or government to instill fear in the public and somehow control their lives.

And, if that is not enough of a conspiracy idea, I also believe that the military industrial complex is actually behind almost all of the data breaches we hear about.  It is designed to produce paranoia; and it works VERY well.

On a somewhat more serious note: If you change your passwords regularly data breaches become nearly meaningless.

• Haha 1

Hey Demon.  We are not aware of any data breach.  Also, the IPS software we use stores passwords in a way that should be secure.  Abo would have more information on that.

We don't store any passwords anywhere else. 

On 7/2/2022 at 8:37 PM, demonseed said:

Good day,

Can you please PM in more details about this. Thanks.

In general, if someone using the same password in different sites, and one of them got breach, then Google Chrome will report all the sites that use the same password.

My best

demonseed

@ebr @Abobader Ok, sounds good. Since this site is the only one still available it got it's password updated so the rest dont matter to much I guess. I'm guessing it was probably one of the old mediabrowser databases that were compromised, if they've been kept alive for historical purposes. If not then idk what the deal is. I had used same the password all the various sites that MB and emby have used over the years, so I don't know where the leak originated but somewhere along the line, there had to of been some info taken. That is unless the keeper of all my passwords (Google) is infact the one who lost them to begin with.... And the plot thickens...

Haha lol but anyways, glad to know everyone here is doing well and staying safe. Seems most of the gang I used to converse with has grown into some sort of development roll here and become part of the team, so that's awesome! Congrats to all, even tho it's now years late! Better late than never.  

Catch y'all on my next visit at some unknown point in the future. Till then, take care

• Thanks 2