Youtube trailers quality bug

OmniiOMEGA

OmniiOMEGA

It takes anywhere between 5-15 secs with bad quality then a pause happens and the bar kicks into HD. There’s currently no way of controlling this through Emby settings as it’s embedded somewhere. Can you please look into fixing this as it’s been happening for a long time??

• Agree 1

OmniiOMEGA
On 02/07/2022 at 22:45, ebr said:

Hi.  Is it any different in the Android mobile app?

I have the app for iOS and I can’t remember if it is the same issue with android tv, will test and let you know

OmniiOMEGA
2 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, can you please go over a specific example? Thanks.

It doesn’t matter what movie or tv show you go over but once you select trailer on Emby for android tv it plays a clip for a min or so and you can see a red bar load at the bottom, there’s always a 5-10 sec part of bad quality on the bar before it pauses for a sec and then kicks into HD for the remaining bar

5 hours ago, OmniiOMEGA said:

It doesn’t matter what movie or tv show you go over but once you select trailer on Emby for android tv it plays a clip for a min or so and you can see a red bar load at the bottom, there’s always a 5-10 sec part of bad quality on the bar before it pauses for a sec and then kicks into HD for the remaining bar

How does the web app compare?

OmniiOMEGA
2 hours ago, Luke said:

How does the web app compare?

On my computer the trailers play fine?

my Emby app for iOS trailers play fine?

it’s just android tv app has this weird issue

• Agree 1

horstepipe

same here,

unfortunately the osd is not available when playing back a trailer so I can't send an inapp log. Would it help sending an inapp log after trailer playback?

6 hours ago, OmniiOMEGA said:

On my computer the trailers play fine?

my Emby app for iOS trailers play fine?

it’s just android tv app has this weird issue

Did you test with the standard Android app?

On 7/2/2022 at 10:45 AM, ebr said:

Hi.  Is it any different in the Android mobile app?

On 7/2/2022 at 1:38 PM, horstepipe said:

nope, same there.

What you describe just sounds like HLS adaptive streaming coming from YouTube.  It starts out at a low bitrate and then switches when it is sure it has the bandwidth. 

5 hours ago, horstepipe said:

Would it help sending an inapp log after trailer playback?

I'm afraid not because it is actually YT that is doing this but it can't hurt for you to try.

Thanks.

OmniiOMEGA
18 minutes ago, ebr said:

Did you test with the standard Android app?

What you describe just sounds like HLS adaptive streaming coming from YouTube.  It starts out at a low bitrate and then switches when it is sure it has the bandwidth. 

I'm afraid not because it is actually YT that is doing this but it can't hurt for you to try.

Thanks.

I’ve tested the standard and beta all Emby for android tv and same problem for many versions

5 minutes ago, OmniiOMEGA said:

I’ve tested the standard and beta all Emby for android tv

Hi.  By Standard app, I didn't mean the release version of the TV app.  I meant our other Android app side-loaded on the device.  Horstepipe said that one had the same issue so I wanted to see if you could confirm.

https://emby.media/emby-for-android.html

horstepipe

But that adaptive streaming thing coming from YouTube makes sense here. I‘m using LTE so it takes some seconds until I get full bandwidth. Will ask other people with „ normal“ Internet how it behaves there.