Cloud-hosted Emby server?

iamfarhanzx

iamfarhanzx

A streaming company send me this information to setup on Emby Android Apps. I have question: 

1. What server they are used? Is they used their own hard-drive or they used website hosting?

Edited by FrostByte
removed link

5 minutes ago, iamfarhanzx said:

How to set any hosting server to Emby?

Hi, can you please describe your question in more detail? I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Thanks.

iamfarhanzx

I want to store my videos on a Hosting. then link it to Emby. 

(Like this photos "Server Link")

Edited by FrostByte
removed link

iamfarhanzx

Look at this. I want this type of website server link as he used "z2.oneflix.tv

Is he store his videos to his own hosting server? 

or he use his own hard drive then change the server link into Alphabet. Please help

Edited by FrostByte
removed link

iamfarhanzx

Is there any option to store video to my third party hosting account and stream it by emby?  

Like i want to use Hosting instead of Hard drive.

Help

FrostByte

Do not post links to or ask how to set up illegal hosting sites.

If you wish to report any hosting sites using Emby server then PM an admin or find one of the many online sources.  Thanks

Edited by FrostByte
removed link

3 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Do not post links to or ask how to set up illegal hosting sites.

If you wish to report any hosting sites using Emby server then PM an admin

Please tell us about any of these sites you see.  Please do not report these sites through DMCA channels. That is most likely to be mistaken as being owned by us and get us taken down instead of that site.  Thanks.

• Like 1

iamfarhanzx

Can i use a hosting for store my videos then link it to Emby. is it possible?

Edited by iamfarhanzx

Hi.  If you are asking if you can create an Emby server on a hosted web service, then, yes, you can do that.  You would simply install the server on that instance.

You can also use cloud-storage for your library if you want your server local but the items stored in the cloud but you need to make the cloud storage look like local storage to the Emby server.  This can be done with things like Rclone.  There are some drawbacks to that, however, in that bandwidth can be a problem for things like library scans and other operations.

So, it is better to have the server running on the same network as the media.

Just be sure to adhere to our terms of use for personal, household use.

iamfarhanzx
11 minutes ago, ebr said:

There are some drawbacks to that, however, in that bandwidth can be a problem for things like library scans and other operations.

Actually my home have power issue. so i cant turn on the hard disk alltime. also net speed isnt that fast. Thats why i want a hosting service linking to emby. Is there any buffering happen ? 

Can you tell me the fully drawback?

As long as both the server and media are on the cloud server, the only issue you would have with bandwidth to your home would be for playback.

iamfarhanzx
1 minute ago, ebr said:

only issue you would have with bandwidth to your home would be for playback.

Can you explain it please?

You said your home had limited internet bandwidth.  So that means that could be a constraint playing your media out of the cloud.

iamfarhanzx
1 minute ago, ebr said:

You said your home had limited internet bandwidth.  So that means that could be a constraint playing your media out of the cloud.

Actually the purpose of all these is for other people. Who watch my videos. I will never playing my own content in home. Its all about for outsiders.

So my question is there any buffering happen compare to own Physical hard drive setting at home.

Just now, iamfarhanzx said:

So my question is there any buffering happen compare to own Physical hard drive setting at home.

That will depend entirely on outside factors we cannot know (bandwidth at the server and the target machines).

However, again, please pay attention to our terms linked before.  Emby is a personal media server for your content and your household.  It should not be used to provide a service to "outsiders".

Thanks.