Can't scroll page when in a plugin's settings

eosol

eosol

Hi, I just recently switched over from Plex and so far I'm really loving the product and how everything just works. In the small cases where something is a bit off I can easily edit the metadata which I love.

To get to the topic at hand, I've noticed a bug to do with iOS in general, and it's that you cannot scroll the settings page of a plugin at all. This bug can be replicated in both Safari and in the app, also been tested on iOS 15 and 16.

Is this a known bug? Or is there some kind of temporary fix I can use, which isn't using a PC?

Thanks!

HI, what's an example of a settings page that you can't scroll? I tested a few and they seem to be working OK for me on iOS 15.

Happy2Play
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

@Happy2Play are you able to reproduce?

Not in the plugins I tested.

@eosol is there a specific plugin you are having issues with?  Can you screen capture a specific example.

Only tested the iOS app.

• Thanks 1

eosol
20 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Not in the plugins I tested.

@eosol is there a specific plugin you are having issues with?  Can you screen capture a specific example.

Only tested the iOS app.

Hi, thanks for the answers

No, it was all plug-ins in general for me and I might know why the error occurred, perhaps you can help me with figure out if this is the case.

I'm currently running my Emby server inside of a docker environment, which uses a reverse-proxy (traefik) to expose the ports to external clients (me). However, I had made an error in the setup and had exposed the local port externally (8096) and accidentally also chose to connect through that, connecting to Emby using that specific port allowed me access to the plugins externally..

Could the issue with plugin scrolling be due to me accessing the local port externally?

P.S. I'll be doing some more thorough testing tomorrow to see if I can replicate the bug again

HI, maybe the reverse proxy is messing with the outbound html/js/css? if it has any minification features, try turning those off.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @Luke, thanks for following up

I got caught up in stuff IRL and didn't get around to trying it out. Unfortunately I also had to switch away from Emby again since the Apple TV app didn't support the necessary features we love from other platforms. The two main ones being 'skip intro' and also the new Apple TV remote scrubbing feature: https://www.macrumors.com/how-to/scrub-through-video-new-siri-remote-2nd-gen/

I did try my luck with disabling the player that was built-in, so I would be using purely Apple TV player, but felt like I lost some of your features you had built into the Emby app :(

I do hope to revisit Emby again in the future, since everything else you were doing was fitting perfectly into our needs! :)