continue watching went poof after upgrade

cryhavoc
Go to solution Solved by cryhavoc,

cryhavoc

I recently upgraded from 4.6.7 to 4.7.4.  the continue watching was gone after upgrade.  the only discussion I found, kindof related, concluded the db corrupted.  I went back to 4.6.7 and the continue watching is back.

I am not looking for support, but fyi for the devs.  I have since tried 4.7.5 and the problem returned, no continuing watching, until I downgrade to 4.6.7.   I confirmed, within the app, the continue watching is shown checked on the list throughout testing 4.7.4 and 4.7.5.

Thank you.

cryhavoc

First off, Thank you for the support.  You are a great help, patient.  But, my apologies, I do not know how much more specific I can be than at the home page the continue watching is empty, and now, no continue watching throughout, e.g., emby used to popup the next tv show.   I noticed this morning, tv shows, no longer do I have emby indicate the next show.  Which leads me to why I returned.

I appreciate your effort even though I had no intention to return, as stated, but I return because, now, I have empty continue watching with 4.6.7.  I have had no problem with continue watching, from the main screen, over the time I used emby until I upgraded to the 7.4. and then tried 7.5.  I went back to 6.7, as stated, and it was working. 

I do not connect often with the qnap because of the frequent exploits of which some can be devastating.  the result, I lose my premiere options until I connect again.  if this is now part of that, then please let me know.  otherwise, this is minor, emby is still my favorite and great, but the preference is not to have to phone home so often. 

I read I could have a corrupt db, but I wonder.  everything else, I use it for, is as normal.

Thank you.

Hi, no, it's not related to premiere. What version are you on now?

• Like 1

• Solution
cryhavoc

Sorry for the delay.  I have reasons, but no doubt too much info.  

Here is what I see:  main screen continue watching is empty; it had worked with 6.7.  no longer does that work with the last 3 iterations.  however, changing it to next up and I have the items populate.  so, it works now with the next up, so no more questions.   strange but minor problem.  

I consider the issue resolved, but thank you for trying.

Thank you.

cryhavoc

One last bit:  rushed, I made a slight mess of the last post.  There is a difference, as you know, between continue watching and next up tv.  I wanted to get back sooner than later, after the long delay, and rushed it.  More feedback:  continue watching added with next up tv populates, i.e., it is not empty.  removing next up tv, continue watching goes back to empty. 

strange, but as I said, minor.  I have a populated continue watching as long as I leave next up tv on the home screen.  done.

sorry for the inept posts.

• Thanks 1