Backdrops Downloading as 1280x720

banderson1311
Go to solution Solved by banderson1311,

banderson1311

I recently migrated from Windows to Synology.  Everything seems to be working well with one minor exception.  When I manually download a backdrop image, it always downloads as 1280x720 regardless of the source image size.  The images downloaded automatically (when a new show or movie is first added) are downloading in the correct size.  I've tried setting the minimum size in the Library Settings but no luck.  I'm guessing I'm missing a setting somewhere but can't find anything.  Any suggestions on where to look?

Hi there, can you please show us an example? Why do you think it's downloading at 1280:720 different from the source?

• Solution
banderson1311

I was actually just trying to delete.  It looks like the images I was seeing were actually 1280x720 on the source site, but the search was listing them as 1920x1080.  Please disregard.

banderson1311

It was TVDB.  I was adding an older show (Star Trek: The Next Generation) and the search showed all the images as 1920x1080 but when I went to TVDB most of the images were actually 720.

OK this sounds like a TVDB api defect because that's where we get the image dimensions from.

@Happy2Play FYI in case you're able to report it to them.

banderson1311

Here is what I am seeing when I search for Backdrops.  I am on a slightly older version (4.6.7.0) so maybe I just need to upgrade.

image.thumb.png.028cf6d3f19278f82bfb14906e5d5f4f.png

2 hours ago, banderson1311 said:

Here is what I am seeing when I search for Backdrops.  I am on a slightly older version (4.6.7.0) so maybe I just need to upgrade.

image.thumb.png.028cf6d3f19278f82bfb14906e5d5f4f.png

Yes that is probably it.