Ability to shuffle play all episodes in a series?

jluce50

jluce50

I recently switched from Emby-next-gen to EmbyCon and, for the most part, I like it a lot better. The only thing I reallly miss is the ability to shuffle all episodes in a series. I can do it for a season, but not a whole series. The only workaround I found is to create a smart playlist on the server, but playlists don't seem to work well in Kodi (could be the skin I'm using; Embuary) so that's a no-go.

Assuming I'm not just missing this functionality somewhere, is this something that could be implemented?

TeamB

yes the intended way would be to use a playlist.

Make a playlist with all your items. Go into Playlists and highlight the playlist in Kodi, use the Kodi context menu to Play All, this will create a local Kodi playlist and start playing the first item.

Bring up the Playlist viewer in Kodi (hit c when something is playing) or use the left arrow on the home page when something is playing, the way you bring this up will depend a little on the skin you are using.

When you have the playlist up toggle shuffle on and then select the first item in the newly shuffled playlist.

jluce50

Thanks. That gets me most of the way there. The only issue is that I can't find an option to toggle shuffle while it's playing. I'm assuming that's a limitation of Embuary.

TeamB

You need to bring up the kodi playlist editor, in the default skin i can press c while something is playing to do this. The playlist editor should have the list of items in the current kodi playlist and also the shuffle option and some other things like repeate etc.

jluce50

This is what I see when I press 'c'. Again, I think it's something to do with Embuary.

Image 1656603577.jpg