Way to list ALL episodes together regardless of season?

TCEmby1

TCEmby1

The metadata for a TV series is great, it filled out details and episode description, however I want to scroll through all the episodes regardless of season. ie, without clicking on a specific season and then scrolling through.

Is there a way to do this?

• Like 2

MBSki
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Which client app? AndroidTV already has that. 

I don't think any of the other clients have the capability. It's only Android TV, but agree that it should be added.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

There is currently no way to do this.

MBSki
56 minutes ago, TCEmby1 said:

on android and in web client.

I don't see this anywhere in the web client. I only see the Seasons, but no option to view all episodes.

TCEmby1

Would there be a workaround like put them all in a collection and view them all at once that way?

GrimReaper
42 minutes ago, mbarylski said:

I don't see this anywhere in the web client. I only see the Seasons, but no option to view all episodes.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

There is currently no way to do this.

GrimReaper
10 minutes ago, TCEmby1 said:

Would there be a workaround

You can make a Playlist. 

Happy2Play

Episodes tab sorted by series you can see everything.

But yes a Collection or Playlist per Show would give a flattened view.

• Like 1

TCEmby1

Playlist is the closest to what I'm looking for except having the larger thumbnails and short episode description (like it is under the season) is the format that would be most useful. Would it be easier to change the list view options under playlist?

pwhodges

Many (most?) series have sequential numbering available in TVDB; if so, then number them consecutively and select Absolute Numbering in the metadata.  Mind you, they'd still be in a season folder, but only one.

Paul

• Like 1

TCEmby1

Not sure what happened but by setting it to absolute, the episodes all got mislabeled. Wrong title and synopsis. It was worth a try I guess

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, TCEmby1 said:

Not sure what happened but by setting it to absolute, the episodes all got mislabeled. Wrong title and synopsis. It was worth a try I guess

Yes as you have to have your media labeled according to the display method used.

So you could have 21 season folders One Piece / Season 21 / S21E01 or one season folder One Piece / Season 1 / S01E892 or just 892 as these two episodes are equal just in different structures.

Everything in 1 season folder or 21 different season folders.

pwhodges
4 hours ago, pwhodges said:

number them consecutively and select Absolute Numbering in the metadata.

Paul

We have a lot of layouts and screen sizes to accommodate, but I've been starting to think about how we could potentially accommodate this and still satisfy those who want to see their season posters. So one idea is using a picker like a lot of apps use nowadays, but making it a visual one that will show both the season title and poster.

MBSki
51 minutes ago, Luke said:

We have a lot of layouts and screen sizes to accommodate, but I've been starting to think about how we could potentially accommodate this and still satisfy those who want to see their season posters. So one idea is using a picker like a lot of apps use nowadays, but making it a visual one that will show both the season title and poster.

Yes, we don't always want to see all episodes. Most of the time I want to see the seasons, but sometimes I prefer switching to an all episodes view. Ideally an option to filter on the unwatched would be included as well.

TCEmby1

Thank you Luke, I think it would be a good idea. Say I have 10 seasons of MST3k, I don't want to click through each season looking for something good to watch. It would help to have them all on the same level sometimes and pick that way. 

Happy2Play

And how should over 100 episodes be presented?

I would assume no horizontal virtual scroller.

Episodes tiled sequentially at Show level?

image.thumb.png.108affb0647acbcd8606e0d7c0d8805a.png

A list view similar to multi-disc Albums?  Seasons replace Disc?

image.thumb.png.2d37ef269153b7e4dfdabffdfb225796.png

Or multiple list columns one for each Season?

But ideas for a layout would be welcomed as everyone's idea of a flatten view is going to be different.

1 hour ago, Happy2Play said:

And how should over 100 episodes be presented?

I would assume no horizontal virtual scroller.

Episodes tiled sequentially at Show level?

image.thumb.png.108affb0647acbcd8606e0d7c0d8805a.png

A list view similar to multi-disc Albums?  Seasons replace Disc?

image.thumb.png.2d37ef269153b7e4dfdabffdfb225796.png

Or multiple list columns one for each Season?

But ideas for a layout would be welcomed as everyone's idea of a flatten view is going to be different.

An example that I like is what the Apple TV+ app does, although in our case, when you click into the picker to change seasons we could make it more visual with the season poster.