iOS Playback no longer working, asking to buy

kornster

kornster

Hi All,

In the last 48 hours my Emby app on iOS has stopped allowing playing of files and is asking me to pay for the app to unlock the feature, the problem is i have already paid for the app in 2019. If i choose "Restore Purchase" and "I purchased this app" nothing happens. 

Is this happening to anyone else?

IMG_8625.PNG

IMG_8626.PNG

IMG_8627.PNG

IMG_8628.PNG

Hi, are you still running into this? Are you logged into the device with the same itunes user that made the purchase?

samuelqwe

Are you sure you actually purchased the app unlock?

The purchases screen in your last screenshot is actually misleading, as it shows all app downloads from the App Store even if the app was free and no purchase was made.

kornster
On 6/30/2022 at 2:40 AM, Luke said:

Hi, are you still running into this? Are you logged into the device with the same itunes user that made the purchase?

Hi Luke and Samuelqwe,

Yes i am still logged in with the same account i made the purchase from, im positive i purchased the app as i was previously greeted with the message above and being a long time user of this software.

I agree the screenshot is misleading and im trying to locate the actual purchase but this doesnt explain how ive been able to use emby both internally and externally for my content for the past few years and this is the first time ive seen this message pop-up apart from the initial purchase some years ago.

samuelqwe

If your server has Emby Premiere, then the unlock purchase is not necessary.

If it used to work, it’s possible there is something blocking your device (or even your Emby server) from validating the Emby Premiere status over the Internet.

Edited by samuelqwe

ctron

I am having the same issue. Worked before and now asks to purchase. I tried to restore purchases, but that didn’t help.

• 2 weeks later...
kornster

I ended up re-purchasing but i dont think this is the solution. My work iPad which i purchased on is now doing the same thing and asking to purchase. As a long time Android user as well i have recently install an Android TV Chromecast with my account that i have purchased Emby on and it is not allowing playback as well. I`m still doing some investigation, Can someone from the team advise how to licence is verified as being purchased. Is this done through Google Play Store/Apple Store or is there a verification server that intended to be communicated with?

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, kornster said:

Can someone from the team advise how to licence is verified as being purchased. Is this done through Google Play Store/Apple Store or is there a verification server that intended to be communicated with?

@ebrCan you answer this?

But believe the client/app has to validate with Emby admin server.

kornster

Thanks @Happy2Play, If that is the case i wonder if the VPN is affecting that. Externally having just tested through the VPN FQDN connection it is working from work. I have a very flat and basic mesh network at home with no filtering externally.