Global Streaming Limit

ados8000

ados8000

I have recently switched from Plex to Emby and I can say the reliability/performance makes Plex look like a joke.

What I really would like to see is a global streaming limit. There is one per user but another for global such as the bitrate would be excellent.

I use the LDAP plugin and even with all the automation I need to go into the settings for each new user and cap them manually at 1 stream so they are not greedy.

If we had the global setting in this case set to 1, then if you wanted the user to have more streams the individual setting on their account could override it.

seanbuff

While I haven't really played around with it much myself, doesn't this global setting in the Network tab achieve exactly that?

image.png.fb17998fd0614a5cc630058e96ca884c.png

And the user limit has a note about overriding this value if set.

ados8000

Think I did not explain myself enough, I was referring to the bitrate as an example.

I want a global concurrent stream cap.

image.png.e34f1b1d0017f08411ee7cd71a360f11.png

This is only per user and annoying to set manually, would like a global setting and have the users one an override.

Edited by ados8000
  • Agree 1

Hi.  We already have a global streaming limit for the server itself (max streams the server can handle at once) which makes more sense for a global limit.

It sounds like what you really want is a default setting (other than  unlimited) for all users which should really apply to all user settings as opposed to just this one.

That would be covered in something like this FR:

ados8000
On 6/29/2022 at 10:15 PM, ebr said:

Hi.  We already have a global streaming limit for the server itself (max streams the server can handle at once) which makes more sense for a global limit.

It sounds like what you really want is a default setting (other than  unlimited) for all users which should really apply to all user settings as opposed to just this one.

That would be covered in something like this FR:

Basically yes, a default setting that can otherwise not be unlimited which I don't know who would have the resources for. 😉

What you have linked sadly started in 2015 and hasn't been developed for yet.

Plan B is the LDAP plugin developer could add the setting for imported users, any chance the plugin is still being developed and could have it implemented.

Edited by ados8000