How do I user TinyMediaManager to manage metadata+art for collections?

sydlexius
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

sydlexius

Does anybody have any experience with this?  I have TMM and Emby in separate docker containers on the same server.  I've mapped the movie set data folder to my emby collections folder, and specified "Emby" as the NFO format.  For the most part, Emby often reads the metadata and images correctly (including logo, fanart, etc).  But I also have some collections that don't display artwork correctly.  For example:

The poster for "The Avengers Collection" is an auto-generated one:

image.png.f93e340a1d5c6f51254ecb7422a44bea.png

Even though the artwork is present according to TMM:

image.thumb.png.e78ea1bd1ab0d812b2774e42385c8b90.png

Looking at the file contents of the collections subfolder for Avengers, I can see the files are present and ought to be readable according to the permissions:

image.thumb.png.ac23fff2a03576418f533ccc348641d1.png

I've tried to run the Scan Media Library scheduled task, I've tried to rescan metadata on the collections, but nothing seems to correct this.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Folder location is an issue as /data/collections is no longer used it is now /metadata/collections.

• Agree 1
  • Thanks 1

sydlexius

Because I don't just want the poster to work, but the logo, backdrops...everything! :) There are about 40-50 posters that aren't correct...I have no idea what other art resources are failing to map.  @Luke, I know TMM isn't your thing, but can you provide some guidance on some non-standard practices for Collection metadata?

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Folder location is an issue as /data/collections is no longer used it is now /metadata/collections.

Nice catch, @Happy2Play

Happy2Play

If TMM is still writing to that location it is useless info to Emby.  It has to be moved to /metadata/collections.

Or you have to manually apply this path in the database.

sydlexius
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

If TMM is still writing to that location it is useless info to Emby.  It has to be moved to /metadata/collections.

Or you have to manually apply this path in the database.

In its docker form, TMM makes no assumptions about Emby metadata paths.  I tried to Google my way to an answer, but I clearly stumbled across some old data (pun intended?).  I've updated the path, moved the metadata, did some cleanup of redundant entries, then finally reran "scan media library."  Everything is now 💯

• Like 2

sydlexius

Just a postscript, but directly managing Emby's collections with TMM is fraught with peril.  I don't recommend using this feature.