Backdrops on Home Screen - Limited to 3

richt
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

richt

Using the Emby web client on my PC I have backdrops enabled in "App Settings" - "Display" - "Enable Backdrops".  The problem is however that the backdrops displayed on the Emby home screen are limited and only cycle between 3 backdrops.  (Magnum, NCIS Los Angeles, and The Late Show).  I have tried clearing the cache on my browser with no success. I switched from Firefox to Chrome and still cannot get more than these 3 backdrops in the rotation.  If I change Emby users I get a different set of backdrops and am not limited to 3 specific shows.

Is there some setting or cache file on the server I can delete to fix this? 

• Solution

Hi, it's trying to prefer their favorite items so i guess we'll just stop doing that.

richt

That's it.  I deselected my favorites and Emby home screen is now rotating backdrops appropriately. 

Thanks!

Edited by richt

Happy2Play

How many libraries do you have as mine will start with Favorite items then move on to another library in my limited test?

richt

I have 2 TV Shows Libraries and 2 Movie libraries in addition to music and home videos.  I had 4 favorites which were in the TV Shows libraries.  The 3 shows mentioned above are in one of the TV show libraries (recordings) and the 4th in the 2nd TV show library.  That 4th show did make it into the rotation once in my subsequent testing.  Movies NEVER made it into the rotation.