Emby client app stutter

Jobber

Jobber

I just brought Emby Preieme today to tried out hardware transcoding, But emby client won't use it, keep using Direct Play.My CPU is E3 1226 V3 which support VAAPI and Intel's QSV

My Player is a smart projector: JMGO J10S, with a MTK MT9669 CPU, 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. I installed Emby for Andorid TV on it.

When I play something on the emby client, the video stutter but the audio works fine. On the Video Statics and the WebUI's Dashborad I can see it's direct playing now. If I set emby client to use a third-party player, the issue still there(KODI behave just like Emby, but the system's default player works smoothly, just without subtitle, the default play just don't support subtitles, also I don't know why Emby server won't enable transcoding to burn the subtitle into the video if the default player doesn't support subtitle. Both DirectPlay)

Is there anything I could do to make Emby client to play smoothly with subtitle? Transcoding isn't a problem, I think a E3 Quad-Core CPU with hardware support should be enough. Because that's the only reason I brought Premiere. I tried 2 hours after purchase but stil got nothing working.....

Jobber
3 minutes ago, Jobber said:

@ebr @Luke Sorry for missing the log file. Was busy trying different configuration

Here's the log, And no transcoing log created

embyserver.txt 32.03 kB · 0 downloads

The client's log is sent before server seconds of 11:46:39 UTC-5,  Tuesday, June 28, 2022.

The Filename is "Love.Death.and.Robots.S01E02.Three.Robots.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-NTG.mkv"

The username is "admin"

Hi.  The first thing I would try is going into the app playback settings and setting the "Buffer Size" to "Small" and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, there is a chance that the update of the app that is currently in review will.  You could install that by joining the Android beta program if you wish.

Jobber
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  The first thing I would try is going into the app playback settings and setting the "Buffer Size" to "Small" and see if that helps.

If it doesn't, there is a chance that the update of the app that is currently in review will.  You could install that by joining the Android beta program if you wish.

Sorry for the late reply, In my timezone Im sleeping.

So does that means this is not a hardwares transcoding issue? If so, could I get a full refund since all I need is hw transcoding?

Jobber
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Changing the buffer doesn't help, where can I join the Android Beta? And Is there a chance that I could get Emby for Android TV app's log? 

Jobber

Addition information to my device:

The Smart Projector CPU Hardware Info(MTK's Official Page😞

• Model: MTK MT9669, ARM Cortex-A73 with a ARM Mali-G52-MC1 GPU
  • Supported Encoding: H.264
  • Supported Decoding: AVS, AVS2, H.264, H.265 / HEVC, VP-9, AV1, SHVC 4K60@10bit
  • Supported HDR Standards: BBC HLG, China HDR (Preliminary Support), HDR10 (SMPTE2084), Dolby Vision HDR, Technicolor/Philips JHDR (ESTI TS 103 433), HDR10+

It seems that every aspect are perfectly suit.

BTW: Emby Server V4.7.5.0's settings are broken:

• Hardware Transcoding's Advanced Mode is broken, It would display any configuration in Primary Encoder / Primary Decoder, so I can't choose using VAAPI or QSV, nor can I choose the correct codec for my file(Such as disabling HEVC 10bit since it's not supported). This is working when I using JellyFin(Sorry mentioned other software especially this one)
  • Many setting's button / pop-up page are broken. Button will only display as "new button" with no CSS, and click on it will popup a plain(looks like) html window, which is very hard to use comparing to JellyFin

Many setting's button / pop-up page are broken

Can you please show a screenshot? They seem to be working just fine from here.

10 hours ago, Jobber said:

@ebr @Luke Sorry for missing the log file. Was busy trying different configuration

Here's the log, And no transcoing log created

embyserver.txt 32.03 kB · 0 downloads

Please attach the complete emby server log file rather than just a portion of it, and also the hardware detection log file. Thanks.

Jobber
2 hours ago, Luke said:

Please attach the complete emby server log file rather than just a portion of it, and also the hardware detection log file. Thanks.

OK, I will do it after work. Around 5 hours later

Jobber

The client's log I resend one on 10:07:10 UTC-5, Wednesday, June 29, 2022,  USER: admin, FILENAME: "Love.Death.and.Robots.S01E02.Three.Robots.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-NTG.mkv", the full server log is attached, along with the mis-behaved frontend screentshot.

3.png

2.png

1.png

embyserver (1).txt

Hi.  This is just a normal internal SRT subtitle so I'm surprised there is any issue with it.  Can you describe exactly what you mean by "stutter" and confirm that it only happens when the subtitle track is selected?

If so, does it happen on any of the subtitle tracks or just that one?

2 hours ago, Jobber said:

The client's log I resend one on 10:07:10 UTC-5, Wednesday, June 29, 2022,  USER: admin, FILENAME: "Love.Death.and.Robots.S01E02.Three.Robots.1080p.NF.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.x264-NTG.mkv", the full server log is attached, along with the mis-behaved frontend screentshot.

3.png

2.png

1.png

embyserver (1).txt 1.25 MB · 0 downloads

Please attach the hardware detection log file as well. thanks.