Backup-plugin stopped working

wsxws
Go to solution Solved by wsxws,

Hi there,

i didnt have a look at my embyserver for a longer time, but it seems that the backup.plugin stopped creating new backups.

its server version 4.6.4.0.

until april the 6 it made daily backups.

since that day it return errors, that it doesnt have access (withou anthing changed at the whole system)

Spoiler

Access to the path '/home/emby-backup/Emby Backup - 2022-06-27 00.10.0 - Auto' is denied.
at System.IO.FileSystem.CreateDirectory(String fullPath)
at System.IO.Directory.CreateDirectory(String path)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.IO.ManagedFileSystem.CreateDirectory(String path)
at MBBackup.ServerEntryPoint.ExecuteBackup(BackupProfile settings, CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress, Boolean isAuto)
at MBBackup.Entities.ScheduledBackupTask.Execute(CancellationToken cancellationToken, IProgress`1 progress)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.ScheduledTasks.ScheduledTaskWorker.ExecuteInternal(TaskOptions options)

root@nas:/home# ls -la
drwxrwxrwx+ 1 emby emby    428  6. Apr 09:03 emby-backup

im a little bit confused, that owning a path and mode 777 still leads to 'access denied'

any suggestions ?

Backup starts daily at 00:10 (see log-file)

yuo will also find a screen, where you can see when the last backup was saved.

embyserver.txt

backups.jpg

Edited by wsxws

Hi, looks like the server is being denied write access to the backups folder:

2022-06-27 00:10:00.014 Error Server Configuration Backup: Could not create backup directory /home/emby-backup/Emby Backup - 2022-06-27 00.10.0 - Auto
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.4.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-deb_{version}_amd64.deb
	Operating system: Linux version 5.16.0-0.bpo.4-amd64 (debian-kernel@lists.debian.org) (gcc-10 (Debian 10.2.1-6) 10.2.1 20210110, GNU ld (GNU Binutils for Debian) 2.35.2
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.13
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/home/emby-backup/Emby Backup - 2022-06-27 00.10.0 - Auto' is denied.

If you can resolve this, that should resolve your issue. You may find this helpful: 

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

this wasnt really helpfull.

the path is owned by user and group emby and is set to 777 like shown in my first post

1 minute ago, wsxws said:

this wasnt really helpfull.

the path is owned by user and group emby and is set to 777 like shown in my first post

I understand, but I can't tell you why the server is being denied write access as there's no way for us to know that, I can only identify that this is what is happening.

Is that path mounted to a windows share? If yes then it might be due to a defect in the .net runtime, which was resolved in .net 6 and Emby Server 4.7 uses .net 6.

• Solution

its working again.

i renamed the old folder, created a new with old name, reset ownership and everythings fine

(whysoever)

thanks and have a nice evening

• Thanks 1