Closed caption does not work with Nvidia Shield Pro

els

I reported the issue about two years and kind of abandon the idea of using Emby for Live TV. I still use Emby for movies and such and would like to revisit closed captioning with Live TV. This time I'll make an effort to provide logs and such.

I have the following:

HDHomeRun Connect 4K
Emby Server version 4.7.2.0
Emby app for Android TV 2.0.70g

I enabled Direct Play Live TV on Emby app but I do not see "Expose Closed Captions in live and recorded TV" option. I'm not sure if I should see that option. Also, I enabled direct play of TS streams for recorded shows.

The CC icon does not show up on OSD when watching Live TV. The CC icon shows up on recorded TS however when I check the option (with und) a modal dialog appears indicating unable to load subtitle.

I know Android TV does support CC and has been for couple years in fact it used to work until 2 years ago. Let me know if you require screenshots and log files. I'll make sure to provide details in a timely manner so we can get this resolved. Thanks.

Ethan

I've sent logs from Emby app approximately 5-10 minutes from the time of this post. User name is Ethan.

In addition, attached is the Emby server log. Let me know if you want some pictures of the Emby app such as Live TV settings.

embyserver.txt

Thanks for the logs.  There is an issue in Exoplayer with certain types of closed captions where it just doesn't see them.  We are trying to track it down.

Thanks.

38 minutes ago, justinrh said:

When did you know about this, @ebr?

We've known for a while that Exo simply doesn't recognize some of these closed captions.  We do not know yet why or exactly what it is about them that causes it.

I should mention at one point Emby app on Nvidia Shield Pro worked then stopped approximately two years ago. I don't know what had changed.