Random movies/series view on Startpage

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

Is it possible to make a Startpage category that shows random movies and series to make the Startpage more useful?

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...
Dreakon13

I'd be interested in this, or something like this.  I kinda want to get my family using my Emby server more and one thing that lures them away is when streaming services like Hulu get in their face and say "hey, we have X and Y movies or TV series".  Having optional rows/suggestions on the home screen, even just random shows and movies, would probably be enough to get people to say "that looks interesting" or "I haven't seen that in a while" and watch.

Dunno if this is the right place to ask, but are there any options as far as suggestions on the home page go?  Aside from the latest media added?

Edited by Dreakon13

RaptorCentauri

What about simply being able to show playlist/ smart playlists as a Home Screen item? Then admins could customize the sections as they see fit.

CarlosLima
20 minutes ago, RaptorCentauri said:

What about simply being able to show playlist/ smart playlists as a Home Screen item? Then admins could customize the sections as they see fit.

Hi, if I understand your claim correctly, this already exists.

RaptorCentauri
2 minutes ago, CarlosLima said:

Hi, if I understand your claim correctly, this already exists.

Can you explain how? I don't believe it does, lets make sure we are thinking of the same thing.