Process to continue with WMC ?

vanleeuwen

vanleeuwen

Any chance of getting a clear process on how to remain on EMBY for WMC ?

Given EMBY started on WMC I would have expected a bit of a better send off (maybe a final update, remove theater prompt popups etc) and a clear process to follow to remain on WCE.

The questions I would like to see answered are:

What is the final version number of the last fully functional/compatible server (with link)?

What's the process to stop automatic updates and notifications of updates needed ?

What's the final version of the WMC Client (with link) ?

I don't know how many people are left on WMC but there still isn't a replacement that does what it does and I am about to setup a new system with it. I use Android TV but there's little to no options to manage your own content e.g. home videos and pictures and even music MP3 etc. yes EMBY can do TV, movies and music (although not great) via the app but its missing a lot of the functions and look of WMC. Shame your removing support for it especially seemingly with our good reason (e.g. "we want to add x function and just cant do it without breaking MCE", it seems more like "we don't want to check if we broke it anymore so your on your own")

Thanks for all the fish

vanleeuwen
1 hour ago, Luke said:

HI, did you see this?

Seems much the same as the pined post but at least this one has comments enabled so there's a bit more info. 

Still doesn't answer the question of what the final working server version is (e.g. 4.6.?) or if a version of 4.7 broke anything.

Is there any length of time 4.6 will be maintained/supported i.e if something is changed that breaks 4.6 and therefore WMC will it fixed?

Mahinepua

Use Jellyfin it works fine with WMC is still being developed and you won’t get any premiere nag messages.

Also download the WMC offline installer I posted. 

vanleeuwen
45 minutes ago, Mahinepua said:

Use Jellyfin it works fine with WMC is still being developed and you won’t get any premiere nag messages.

Also download the WMC offline installer I posted. 

Thanks, i have been looking at that but their site didnt list MCE as a client so i stopped there. So i just set it up and install the client 3.0.317 and good to go? (nothing to do special as its Jellyfin?) is there a forum for jellyfin as i dont think i could find that as well. 

Also do you know what is this post and version “218" for? It it old as i couldn't work out why there was a 3.0.x and 218 versions:

Mahinepua

Yes just install 3.17 and it will pickup the Jellyfin server. .18 was a fix for tv show ordering not sure it if works with Jellyfin.

Jump on the Jellyfin reddit forum for help.

vanleeuwen
6 hours ago, Mahinepua said:

Yes just install 3.17 and it will pickup the Jellyfin server. .18 was a fix for tv show ordering not sure it if works with Jellyfin.

Jump on the Jellyfin reddit forum for help.

Thanks i have set it up but i cant login to the server with the WMC client. It shows the code screen (normally seen when the EMBY server is not started)  so i go to manual login and put the address as "localhost" then i get the list of jellyfin users (i had to turn off hiding them in the server settings) but here i am stuck. It wont accept any password/code. I even remove the password from the user and no lock icon is shown on the user but when i click the user it still says ACCESS DENIED incorrect password. When a password is setup it says Enter Password for use x but the field name is Security PIN. I tried setting up pins but nothing works. Any ideas ? I looked at reddit but didnt find anything :(

Thanks

Michael

vanleeuwen
On 6/24/2022 at 2:00 AM, Luke said:

HI, did you see this?

Has turning off auto updates on version 4.6 been tested ? I did a clean install of 4.6.7.0 tuned off Auto update and the auto restart. All was fine then 30min later i go back to the dashboard to see it updated to 4.7.5 i checked the settings and auto update and restart are still unticked.

Would have be nice to have a guide done on how to stay on and install a WMC compatible version that's been tested.

vanleeuwen
10 minutes ago, Mahinepua said:

Did you scroll down and pick save after making the changes?

yep, I think if it starts the process in background (could be as soon as it setup) then it will continue to update even if the settings say not to. Will see how it goes as now I have set it up without the internet being on so no way to checked before I turned off auto update.