Downmix unsupported audio format

neik

neik

I am starting using the LG app (1.0.35, should be latest) a lot more now and am missing the downmix feature from Android TV.
Without that it is not possible to play TrueHD without audio transcoding and this then requires a subtitle burn-in for graphical subs if they are selected.

Having a downmix feature would avoid the transcoding completely.

Hopefully I am not should overlooking an already existing option.
Thank you!

Edited by neik

Hi, we could add such an option, but there's no way to do it client-side in the LG app. It would have to be done with server transcoding.

neik

I also just noticed that LG can't play any kind of graphical subs, so it would always need to burn the subs in.

I will need to attach my MiBox again I guess, thought I could get rid of it but doesn't seem so.

1 hour ago, Luke said:

but there's no way to do it client-side in the LG app.

Out of curiosity, why's that? Is it a limitation of LG?

As stated, the AndroidTV client can do it without causing server transcoding.

5 minutes ago, neik said:

I also just noticed that LG can't play any kind of graphical subs, so it would always need to burn the subs in.

I will need to attach my MiBox again I guess, thought I could get rid of it but doesn't seem so.

Out of curiosity, why's that? Is it a limitation of LG?

As stated, the AndroidTV client can do it without causing server transcoding.

Hi there, let's look at an example. Please attach the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks!

• 6 months later...

I'm running a Shield Pro meanwhile, but I can have a look at the issue with the latest release.

Might get to it in a couple of hours if not then tomorrow.

Edit:
Unfortunately, LG does seem to force an active account to update some apps (Emby incl.) while others work just fine (e.g. YouTube).
As I'm not using any "smart" feature of my TV (everything runs through Shield) I'm not going to create an account with them.
Sorry!

Edited by neik