Latest Movies, show poster not thumb

FizzWhistle

FizzWhistle

I am having this problem (or something very similar). If 5 years isn't too late to be asking... I first noticed it shortly before I updated from version 4.7.2.0 to version 4.7.4.0. I am running Emby Linux x86 on Ubuntu 20.04.4 LTS. I'm not as familiar with linux as I would like to be and couldn't pin down where the config.xml files were. If that's even the file being used anymore. Upgrading to the 4.7.4 did not fix the problem. (I am still hoping that it will fix the SRT issue I recently noticed)  I have three users. The issue appears on two out of three user's main pages. I can attach screen shots of the two different layouts that show up, if that helps?

The only difference that I've noticed is that the profile that is laid out the way that I want has all of the movies properly identified. While the other two include movies that have not yet been, or are unable to be, correctly identified.

Thank you for any help! (I will keep looking for the config file in Ubuntu)

FizzWhistle

Please excuse me, I haven't read the forum rules or anything like that yet. I joined just because I was looking for a solution and this was the same problem... I think

I am not sure I can describe it any better than I have already. But I will try.  I do have some screen shots that hopefully will make it more clear and I will attach them. Oh, I suppose I should also note that I have the Emby Server save the NFO and JPG files locally. AKA, the same folder as the video files.

I have three users set up on Emby. One is setup for the kids and only contains PG or G content. Most everything is properly identified in those categories (I don't know if this is related to the issue or not). The Latest Movies and Latest TV both show up with pictures in portrait orientation. I like this view.

On the other two user profiles' main page the Latest Movies section's pictures appear in a Landscape orientation. Which I wouldn't mind so much if it would match the Latest TV section (which it does not) or if it would prioritize the Primary when it's available. Which it doesn't seem to do, but instead prioritizes whichever picture is landscape. Not all of these titles have been properly identified yet. I've attached a screen capture of how the section appears and four examples of the images currently available for those titles shown.

I suppose that my biggest issue is that (as far as I can tell) I can't choose which orientation is used or which picture is given priority. In most of these instances I would prefer the Primary be used, but it is currently using either Backdrop or Thumb.

Thank you for your help!

I think I posted this in a reply to your comment, but I didn't see it show up in this thread.  I haven't really posted to forums much yet, so I apologize if this is double posted somewhere. I tried to shrink the screen shots a little in this post. I haven't seen many other posts with pics attached, so I hope I am doing this right

emby landscape .JPG

emby movies portrait.JPG

emby primary image available 2.JPG

emby primary image available 3.JPG

emby primary image available 4.JPG

emby primary image available.JPG

Hi, is that the same Movies library for two different users or do they each have their own library? What are the content types of the libraries in Emby library setup?

FizzWhistle

Hi, Sorry about the confusion.

With some possible caveats that I've listed below... Yes, these two users both use the same Movies Library.

So... Here's the long answer:

The library content types are "Collections," "Movies," and "TV Shows."

I have three users setup on one server with access to all three library content types. The user accounts are for me, the other adults, and the kids. The primary (mine) has access to a few more folders than the other two. The kids account also has parental controls on top to filter out anything over a PG rating. The kids account has the visual setup that I prefer. That is, with both Latest Movies and Latest TV having a portrait view. This is the second picture from my previous post. Though, as long as the Latest views matched (both portrait or both landscape) I wouldn't mind so much.

An additional detail that I noticed: On the other adults user's home screen the Latest Movies are given landscape views but the portrait shaped pictures are used when available. Which is a little better I guess... as those pictures are most often the ones with the title in them. I will include a screenshot of that as a reference. I'm not sure how helpful the screenshots are. But I am also not certain where the log/config files are stored in Ubuntu.

1993246442_embylandscape2.JPG.137384256f3e7dff7c27a3127e263ef3.JPG

I wish I knew how to be more helpful.

OK so what happens is it chooses the best display based on the content and what images they all have available. If you'd like them all to use poster aspects, then the best thing to do is make sure that more of your movies have 2:3 aspect posters.