Auto Organize slow to move media from watch folder

ProNetGuru
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

ProNetGuru

With smaller FHD rips, the move process only takes a few seconds and is barely noticeable; but with large, 4K REMUX files, this process takes several minutes. I searched the forum and found an older post from ~2.5 years ago (Forum Post), with the @Luke stating re-evaluation was necessary post-.net core 3.0.  Is anyone else seeing the same behavior?  I've run through my configuration and can't seem to find what would be causing the issue so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  Here's relevant information to my configuration:

Synology DS1621xs+, DSM 7.1-42661 Update 1, Single volume (volume1) - Btrfs

Auto-Organize Watch folder:  /volume1/Emby/MovieTemp

Library Destination Folder: /volume1/4K_Movies (Shared Network Folder is defined, but per Luke's response in the forum post tagged above, path substitution isn't used so should be irrevelant).

I've confirmed that Auto Organize is set to Move not Copy as illustrated below:

image.thumb.png.f7b27a5f3aaa484f5a4ababa7d7a9bd7.png

I've attached my embyserver log, which if you look for Dune after 11:00:00 you should find an example.  This video took several minutes to move.

Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated!

embyserver.txt

Hi, yea looking at the code, we're just using framework methods to copy/move the files so I don't see anything we can do to make the transfers go faster.

• Solution

In .NET 6 they completely rewrote the file system layer and it includes numerous performance improvements, so that's what i meant about re-evaluating.

But it looks like you're still on Emby 4.6 so you won't have that until you've updated to 4.7.

ProNetGuru
2 hours ago, Luke said:

In .NET 6 they completely rewrote the file system layer and it includes numerous performance improvements, so that's what i meant about re-evaluating.

But it looks like you're still on Emby 4.6 so you won't have that until you've updated to 4.7.

Gotcha, thanks @Luke.  I'll update to 4.7 and continue to monitor.

• Thanks 1