Unable to install from USB

devilears

devilears

Hi

I have a Samsung smart tv, Model code UA43NU7100, Software version T-KTM2LUABC-1325.2  The software installation failes with the message "emby installation with usb package is failed". It is the first time I have attempted to install anything from USB on this TV.  I have scrolled through the forum with no success. Please advise.

IMG_20220619_172921.jpg

Hi, did you go through all of the things to try in our install instructions?

devilears

Hi Luke. I tried formatting the USB first to fat, then copied the zip file to it, then extracted to root. The folder with the 2 files were present. When I plugged it into the TV, the installer started automatically as described, but then immediately failed with the message I attached. I then tried formatting to extended fat and went through the whole process again with exactly the same result. Not sure what else to try? 

SamES

Make sure the old version is fully removed form the tv (double check on the apps page) then cycle power on the tv and try again. Make sure the .zip file is not still on the usb as that may also cause an issue. 

devilears
7 hours ago, SamES said:

Make sure the old version is fully removed form the tv (double check on the apps page) then cycle power on the tv and try again. Make sure the .zip file is not still on the usb as that may also cause an issue. 

Did not have an "old version" installed. Cycled the power on the TV - same result. Removed the zipfile as suggested, now there is a "app package security check failed" message. Seems we're on the right track here. Checked the file permissions on the USB - all good. What next?

SamES

Does the tv have full internet access?  No firewall blocking it?

SamES

Can you show the folder and file structure on the USB?  I’m not sure why it shows ‘._emby.tmg’. The filename does not look correct. 

SamES
1 hour ago, SamES said:

Can you show the folder and file structure on the USB?  I’m not sure why it shows ‘._emby.tmg’. The filename does not look correct. 

and this one too please.