Emby for Samsung 1.2.9 not recognising Premiere subscription

Dickydodah!
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Dickydodah!

I have just upgraded Emby for Samsung 1.2.8 to 1.2.9 and the option to use a theme other than Dark or Black is no longer there. When I downgrade to 1.2.8 the option is back.

Samsung model number: UE43KU6510

Samsung firmware version: 1250

Samsung Emby client version: 1.2.9

Emby server version: 4.7.2.0

• Like 1

FrostByte

I can use the other themes including the Superman theme on my 2018.   though I'm using 4.8.0.2 server.

Dickydodah!

Do you get the other issue with the playing progress indicator I have just got round to reporting?

FrostByte
23 minutes ago, Dickydodah! said:

Do you get the other issue with the playing progress indicator I have just got round to reporting?

No, can't see that one either.  Sometimes these things are specific to a certain Tizen or server version though.

FrostByte

So, you see the problem on your 2016 (K) and 2017 (M) models?

Possibly a server issue when the new themes were added.  SamES and Luke will know more.

Dickydodah!

I see the issue on both the 2016 (K) and 2017 (M) models and I've just noticed in the 1.2.8 App there are only the Blue Radiance amd Windows Media Center themes are available, the light and Apple TV themes are also missing.

I can confirm that live TV still works in the App so not a Premiere issue

SamES

Yes, there are some changes going on with themes.  Older models do have some limitations.  Luke will need to describe in more detail, but I can confirm I'm also only seeing Dark and Black themes on my 2017 model.  

• Like 1

Hi, yes due to the way the themes are built, not all options will be available on older models.

Dickydodah!

@Luke Does that mean that essentially in 1.2.9 and future releases I can't have any real choice of themes? Dark and Black are the only ones available without a subscription I believe.

• Solution
1 hour ago, Dickydodah! said:

@Luke Does that mean that essentially in 1.2.9 and future releases I can't have any real choice of themes? Dark and Black are the only ones available without a subscription I believe.

I'm not sure yet. I'd certainly like to be able to rework them so that they'll function properly on older devices, so we'll just have to see.

Dickydodah!

Hopefully you will get the chance and it won't be too onerous, in the meantime I'll stick with the working version unless someting major is added.

Thanks for your help

SamES

I think this version fixed an issue on your model tv where 4K content was transcoding to 1080. Anyway, the version you have installed will expire in the next week or two anyway so you won’t have much choice but to upgrade. 

Dickydodah!

I realised that it would expire last night so I changed to the dark theme and whilst it is a bit bland it is fine. I will update to the latest shortly. I have very little 4K content so wasn't aware of the transcoding issue.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
Dickydodah!

@LukeNot sure exactly when this was fixed but my older TV now has the options of Blue Radiance and WMC themes added. However I have noticed that only Blue Radiance works as WMC gives the Dark theme. This is in App version 1.5.0.

• Thanks 1