Age restriction for mixed content does not work 100%

Seger

Seger

Hello @Luke

I have just created a mixed content library for documentaries (series/films).

The library works properly, but the age restriction (FSK) also shows the collection for film series under directories if all films in it do not comply with the set limit, e.g. FSK 6. This causes e.g. children to see the corresponding adult cover of the collection/directory. If they click on it, no films are present, which is also good. But the main cover of the collection should not be shown either.

Do you follow me and can you include it in your updates.

Thanks
Seger

Seger

@Luke

Generation Iron collection should not be displayed because the filter is set to FSK 6. If you click in the collection, the films are not shown, which is also great. But actually the collection cover should not be shown either, because all films are >6 FSK. So the children would always get the covers displayed, no matter what the theme of the collection is.

1057469913_Screenshot2022-06-16222201.thumb.png.eda4ee393162d696b8c623832572087d.png

222982209_Screenshot2022-06-16222235.thumb.png.8337ce59fc3ac1ad0108fa0315707a2a.png

Edited by Seger

Happy2Play

With that being Folder view, Emby is presenting your folder stucture not a Emby item.

Edited by Happy2Play

Seger
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

What is Verzeichnisse? is that Folders?

Yes.

In Folders it jumps right in, with mixed libraries. I, for example, don't need a folder view at all, especially with documentaries, you only need series, films and a summary of the two. At the moment, this takes place in the Folders section. If necessary, you can also design an individual library type for documentaries. 

Yea that's just folder browsing. It's not a Collection. Collections don't come from folders.

Seger

haha, I should tell my children that too ^^. 

What do you think of my suggestion to design a separate library type for documentaries, without the folder section? Otherwise, the animal documentaries and also the non-age-appropriate documentaries are displayed. 

greinhardt
7 hours ago, Seger said:

haha, I should tell my children that too ^^. 

What do you think of my suggestion to design a separate library type for documentaries, without the folder section? Otherwise, the animal documentaries and also the non-age-appropriate documentaries are displayed. 

You can create multiple libraries and choose not to give any access at all to libraries which contain inappropriate content. 

I'm not sure why Documentaries are special in regard to having content appropriate for a mix of ages. 

Having the ability to disable the Folder view for a given library might be useful, however.  This is a previously requested feature.

This is complicated by the fact that for 'Mixed' type libraries, the Folder view is unfortunately the default and only landing page.  I wish that weren't the case.