Issues with Emby Connect & external IP

rechigo

rechigo

I am running into an issue.. I am not able to use Emby Connect to sign in from my own network because my router does not support nat loopback/hairpinning.. let me explain further:

When signing in with Emby connect and attempting to select a server, the first HTTP request that is made is to my server is made on the external domain, <mydomain>/emby/system/info/public. This is an issue, because since my router does not support NAT hairpinning, I cannot actually go to my own domain/public IP address from within my home network, thus the request to that endpoint fails, and I am unable to connect to my server. Is it possible that instead of trying to reach out to the remote IP/domain first, the apps instead try to contact the server from the local IP first, and if that fails, then attempt to reach the server via the remote endpoint. I believe this would fix my issue.

Even though I posted this under Android, this affects the web app (app.emby.media), iOS, and Android.

Is it possible that instead of trying to reach out to the remote IP/domain first, the apps instead try to contact the server from the local IP first, and if that fails, then attempt to reach the server via the remote endpoint.

Hi, we already do this, so make sure the local ip address that is displayed on your server dashboard is correct and reachable.