post processing not running in 4.7.2

wstewart

wstewart

my post processing script no longer runs in 4.7.2.  it ran fine in 4.6.3 and my settings and script are unchanged.  all i get in the log is

Info LiveTV: Recording post-processing script completed with exit code 132

The script itself is ok for permissions (777).  I doubt the script is even running.  script runs on ssh command line when run same as it appears in the log   

Info LiveTV: Running recording post processor /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/post.sh "/share/DVR/Hitler's Secret Tunnels (2019)/Hitler's Secret Tunnels 2019-01-03.ts"

It is it possible that something changed in 4.7.2 that emby can no longer run /bin/sh? permissions maybe?

Hi, is this all connected to your other posting about ffmpeg? Maybe the script is just failing?

wstewart

yes connected, but two separate problems, no the script is not the problem for this issue.    yes I am having problems with ffmpeg, but the first thing the script runs is comskip.  so it should at least run that and I know emby doesn't since no EDL file is generated so I know the script is not really running.  In its  is present state the script should do comskip, generate EDL file, attempt ffmpeg (and not perform conversion), then move the file to the archive directory.  it does none of that.

If I copy the command from the log, for example

/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/post.sh "/share/DVR/Hitler's Secret Tunnels (2019)/Hitler's Secret Tunnels 2019-01-03.ts"

run from SSH, it does exactly as I expect it too (generate EDL, not run ffmpeg successfully then move file to archive directory)

Is is possible that some recent change in emby 4.7.2 (or maybe QNAP although I have not made any updates), it doesn't have permission to run sh which the script needs to run?  my script has full path to compskip and everything else.  when i enable debug in the log, i see nothing else beyond what I posted above.

Edited by wstewart

wstewart

no still does not run.  here is the script I have now just for test, the posttest.lock file is not being created and log shows error 139.  any ideas?  this was happening after I upgraded to 4.7.2, i updated to 4.7.3 and that did not help. (log below is for 4.7.3).  Is it possible that emby can longer run sh?

script posted below was tested from command line and works.

#!/bin/sh

lockfile="/tmp/posttest.lock"

touch "$lockfile"

2022-06-21 19:00:00.925 Info LiveTV: Running recording post processor /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public/post.sh "/share/DVR/The A-Team (1983)/Season 2/The A-Team S02E12 The White Ballot.ts"
2022-06-21 19:00:00.933 Info LiveTV: Triggering refresh on /share/DVR/The A-Team (1983)/Season 2/The A-Team S02E12 The White Ballot.ts
2022-06-21 19:00:00.934 Info LiveTV: Refreshing recording parent /share/DVR/The A-Team (1983)/Season 2
2022-06-21 19:00:00.962 Info LiveTV: Recording post-processing script completed with exit code 139

wstewart

sure will do, I assume you want the log with debug enabled, so I'll do that then post the log after the next scheduled recording.  oh I see 4.7.5 is now available, so I'll upgrade first in case by chance that resolves the problem.

Edited by wstewart
  • Thanks 1

wstewart

here is the log file.  search for post.sh to see where the script is run.  there are two recordings and two calls to the post script.  post script is a test script as posted above.

embyserver-7.txt

• 2 weeks later...
wstewart

While I wait for Luc to have a chance to look at the log, I was wondering if anyone else has problems with post processing script running on QNAP,.  In other words, if it is a problem with my installation or problem with Emby.  if you are also having problems, could you post here please?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi are you still having an issue with this?  Have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.6?

• 2 weeks later...