Do videos with embedded subtitles get skipped?

vdrover

vdrover

I've been wracking my brain trying to figure out why some videos have the SRT subtitles added to the media folders, while others do not. I even purchased a VIP membership at open subtitles in case i was running into throttling issues. 

But Even after a 24 hour break, my total subtitle count remains the same.

So I started experimenting with subsync. When configuring a sync task in the GUI, I noticed that that my reference file (the video in question) had a number of subtitles already present. 

This got me asking wether or not the open subtitles plugin skips downloading external subtitles if the video already has it.

Thoughts?

GrimReaper

As per your Topic title: it is an option within each library settings whether to skip downloading subs for items that have embedded subs present. 

GrimReaper

Also note that non-VIP users have limit of 200 subs/24 hrs, while for VIP users that limit is 1,000/24 hrs. If you've reached that, DL will continue on next task execution 24 hrs later. 

• Like 1

vdrover
2 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

Also note that non-VIP users have limit of 200 subs/24 hrs, while for VIP users that limit is 1,000/24 hrs. If you've reached that, DL will continue on next task execution 24 hrs later. 

Yes, that's why i purchased a VIP. Yesterday I downloaded 813 subtitles. 24 hours later, no new subtitles.

vdrover
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

I have seen that. Note that I started by deleting all the subtitles from the terminal, and then downloading subtitles fresh. 813 subtitles were downloaded. But I still have lots of movies and TV shows without SRT files.

12 minutes ago, vdrover said:

I have seen that. Note that I started by deleting all the subtitles from the terminal, and then downloading subtitles fresh. 813 subtitles were downloaded. But I still have lots of movies and TV shows without SRT files.

Did you consult the bottom of that article and try what it suggests?

vdrover
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

Did you consult the bottom of that article and try what it suggests?

Here's what I tried:

1. Add an additional plugin. I currently have 2 installed and working. No change. 
  2. Enable all the options, including hash match. No change. 
  3. Enable all the options, including hash match. No change.
  4. Manually search and download from the episode menu: I can manually download them.   

Did you consult the websites for these plugins to see what they actually have?

vdrover
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Did you consult the websites for these plugins to see what they actually have?

Yes. They have the subtitles I need. I downloaded them manually. Also, I can download manually from within Emby using the `Edit subtitles` menu.

Is this possibly a bug?

22 hours ago, vdrover said:

Thanks for the reply. That option is deselected for my library.

image.jpeg.1ef40025191005d9a850ea7773519d4c.jpeg

And how did you configure the rest of the options?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/16/2022 at 7:47 PM, vdrover said:

image.jpeg.0dc32c8bf7bcca3c05cbc8f7b24d472f.jpeg

image.jpeg.535b0de1a561ac9e5afea174c269f44d.jpeg

Can we please look at a specific example? What video are you expecting to get subtitles for, but did not?

• 3 weeks later...
vdrover

@Luke OK, so I used the movie "Any Given Sunday". No SRT file in the movies folder. However, this file has subtitles embedded in the MXV. As before, I was able to manually edit/add subtitles using the `edit subitiles` menu item.

Is it possible that subtitles are not downloaded for videos that have them embedded already? 

Edited by vdrover

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 8:31 AM, vdrover said:

@Luke OK, so I used the movie "Any Given Sunday". No SRT file in the movies folder. However, this file has subtitles embedded in the MXV. As before, I was able to manually edit/add subtitles using the `edit subitiles` menu item.

Is it possible that subtitles are not downloaded for videos that have them embedded already? 

Hi, it depends on your library options, "skip if the video already contains embedded subtitles".

• 2 weeks later...
vdrover
On 8/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, Luke said:

Hi, it depends on your library options, "skip if the video already contains embedded subtitles".

I do NOT have that option selected.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/24/2022 at 8:42 AM, vdrover said:

I do NOT have that option selected.

Have you setup the Open Subtitles plugin with your account info after signing up on their site?

image.png

If that't not the solution, send me a PM (click on my avatar - message) and we'll get a support session setup.