Slow loading

laffy

Ever since I updated to Emby Server version 4.7.2.0 running on my Windows 10, my Android app has been unusable.

If it loads a movie/episode, it will begin streaming and then stop. This has been observed on two different phones with all other streaming platforms running smoothly. I tried reinstalling the app, reinstalling Emby Server and even reinstalled Windows 10 on the PC. All to no avail.

What can I do to further troubleshoot this issue?

I've attached the log, let me know what else I might need to provide

embyserver.txt

1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi there, how does playing using the web app compare?

It runs perfectly when using the web app on another windows machine. The web app on Android seems to have the same issues.

Edited by laffy

At this rate I think I'll cancel my membership and try Plex again since it's just not working anymore. I can't use the android app to even load a show or episode. And if it does load, playback stops after less than a minute and buffers forever.

HI, have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.5? Are you still running into this?

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/30/2022 at 4:36 AM, Luke said:

HI, have you updated to Emby Server 4.7.5? Are you still running into this?

Unfortunately, yes.

I have even taken the rather drastic decision to replace my router as it was getting rather old. This made Plex run like a dream, but Emby is still mostly unusable on anything other than Windows, which means I have finally given up. The app simply stops loading randomly and streaming anything, either to my phone or casting it, stops to buffer within seconds.

I have tried updating the server to the latest Beta, which also did not help.

I will not be using Emby server moving forward, however I may return in a few months if I feel things may have improved.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:31 AM, laffy said:

Any ideas? :)

@laffy how does the web app compare to using the android app?