Series Recording Episodes That are Already in Library

sagean

sagean

Hi,

I have numerous tv series set up to record with the option "Don't record episodes that are already in my library" enabled, but that setting is being ignored on most though not all series. I let one of these shows record anyway to see if it would create a new directory (maybe due to weird guide data) but found that it recorded to the appropriate folder where the existing file presides and created a new file with "- 1" added to the end of the file name.

Is there something I can do to identify the show and prevent emby from re-recording shows already in my library?

If it matters, I had no problems with this feature or media management while running emby version 4.6.4.0 on Debian linux, but over the last weekend wiped the drive to install opensuse and emby 4.7.2.0.

Currently I only have a couple of series set to record until this can be resolved.  The series Family Guy 1999 is working as expected and on the flip side the series 3rd Rock From the Sun 1996 is not. 

embyserver-63790761600.txt

Hi.  The way an episode would be identified as "already existing" would be by having the exact same series ID and season and episode numbers as the item that is to record.  Can you look at that (edit metadata...) for the two items and confirm?

sagean

I'm working on verifying that, I should have an example by tomorrow.

In the mean time my server became unresponsive and I had to restart the service. I'm noticing errors now in the logs regarding something wrong with the sqlite db and other errors related to too many changes on the drive. I'm not sure why the librarymonitor thinks that there are so many changes that it's spamming the logs and never ending refreshes of each library.

I'm considering removing the libraries, rebuilding them, and slowly adding content back.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63790828064.txt embyserver-63790827994.txt

sagean

Below are two .nfo files for comparison. The one created by the Emby library scan for existing files seems to be more detailed than the one created for the new recording which Emby recorded and named with the "- 1" on the end, but otherwise the details they share are the same.

I did notice that while the duplicate episode was being recorded that it didn't show as an active recording on the home screen nor the web admin panel. It was just recording in the background.

Also for the server hang yesterday, I noticed hours later that the "refresh guide data" task had an error saying it was aborted due to a server restart. I manually ran the task and it completed. On many occasions recently I have noticed this task getting stuck at 15%.

I feel like I have consistently experienced all of these symptoms, server hang, guide data hang, phantom recordings, etc since any version of emby newer than 4.6.4.0.

3rd Rock From the Sun S02E11 Dick Jokes - 1.nfo 3rd Rock From the Sun S02E11 Dick Jokes.nfo

Also none of the log files are from when the recording actually happened. Can you please provide that? Thanks !