Roku ScreenSaver

ThePaladinTech
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

ThePaladinTech

When the Roku ScreenSaver kicks in while I am in Emby I do not get my default Roku screensaver... I get the one that is just a bunch of Roku's (the word roku falling at a different rate and a different size)

I believe this happens if I am in the main screen, or if I pause a video am watching for a long time. Is there a way to get it to use the screen saver I selected in the Roku itself? I read another Emby Roku Screensaver topic that makes me think it should be using the screen saver I selected (which would be nice)

Hi.  I believe that should only happen during a paused video.  Can you check that?

ThePaladinTech

Yes confirmed only if I pause a video. So that is expected behavior? Ok :)

Gilgamesh_48
5 hours ago, ThePaladinTech said:

Yes confirmed only if I pause a video. So that is expected behavior? Ok :)

I believe it is because of memory issues. That is with a video loaded and paused there is not enough space to run Emby's screensaver However it "could" be another of Roku's silly new rules. ;) :)

• Solution

I'm not 100% sure why but that is how the Roku operates - it just has that simple screen saver during pause.  Perhaps it is more because the main screen savers have links that jump you out to another app - which would be a problem if done while a video is paused.