Episode Metadata Fetching Issue - What Am I Missing?

Dreakon13

Dreakon13

EDIT: It occurs to me there's another thread about TheTVDB issues for this particular series.  I'm guessing you guys are looking into it.

Trying to add the anime Mushoku Tensei: Jobless Reincarnation to my Anime library.  It's picking up the show well enough, but for some reason the episodes don't seem to be pulling in.

Folder structure:

Jobless Reincarnation

- Season 01

-- S01E01 Jobless Reincarnation.mkv

-- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation S01E02 Master.mkv

(Tried episode names both ways, neither seem to pull it in)

Any thoughts?  I guess I must be missing something.

image.thumb.png.9eb26273e56d474f5da624856646f930.png

Edited by Dreakon13

Junglejim

My series pulled the episode info fine, I just had a problem with pulling multiple studios (4).

Folder structure is:

Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation

- Season 1

- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation - 1x01 - Jobless Reincarnation.mkv

Screenshot_2022-06-12_12-28-18.png

TheGrimKeeper

I'm having problems getting episode info from TVDB today - different series, but exact same issue.  Waited a couple of hours and tried to grab info for just one episode, and still not working.  So there might be something going on with TVDB right now.

Dreakon13
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI there, have you compared to the data that tvdb has for this series?

I changed my structure to this...

- Season 01

-- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation S01E01 Jobless Reincarnation.mkv

-- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation S01E02 Master.mkv

... and it still doesn't seem to be pulling in.  What data would I compare?  That's the name of the series, and that's the name of Season 01.  The TVDB id is correct in the series metadata.

Edited by Dreakon13

Junglejim
3 hours ago, Dreakon13 said:

I changed my structure to this...

- Season 01

-- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation S01E01 Jobless Reincarnation.mkv

-- Mushoku Tensei Jobless Reincarnation S01E02 Master.mkv

... and it still doesn't seem to be pulling in.  What data would I compare?  That's the name of the series, and that's the name of Season 01.  The TVDB id is correct in the series metadata.

Yea what you have there should pull the metadata no probs. I think there is something going down with TVDB because I can't get any images/meta from TVDB at the mo (the website works fine), it's all TMDB/FanartTV for meta/images in Emby.

Maybe have a go tomorrow and see if it gets any better.

Edit: Well this is strange.. Just tried Jellyfin and it has no problems hitting the TVDB API (meta/images).. 🙄 So somethings not going to plan with Emby!

Edited by Junglejim

TheGrimKeeper
2 hours ago, Junglejim said:

So somethings not going to plan with Emby!

I checked my server logs after running a scan and I'm seeing 429-too many requests errors from TVDB.  I wonder if this is tied to Emby's API key.

• Like 1

Junglejim
17 minutes ago, TheGrimKeeper said:

I checked my server logs after running a scan and I'm seeing 429-too many requests errors from TVDB.  I wonder if this is tied to Emby's API key.

Not sure mate, It could be a problem with TVDB and/or Emby. Only a dev can answer this, I'm just guessing.. :)

Jellyfin seems fine at the mo but Emby just can't seem to reach TVDB for some reason.

los.angelme

I'm also getting too many requests error with the TVDB since yesterday.

2022-06-12 09:12:25.421 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.7.2.0
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-107-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-058) (gcc version 9.4.0 (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1)) #121-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 24 16:04:27 UTC 2
Framework: .NET 6.0.2
OS/Process: x64/x64
Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: /config
Application path: /system
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Tvdb.EntryPoint.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FetchMainResult(String id, String language, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(String tvdbId, String language, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FetchSeriesData(String tvdbId, String seasonType, String language, String country, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetSearchResults(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Junglejim
53 minutes ago, los.angelme said:

I'm also getting too many requests error with the TVDB since yesterday.

2022-06-12 09:12:25.421 Error ProviderManager: Error searching
*** Error Report ***
Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
Operating system: Linux version 5.4.0-107-generic (buildd@lcy02-amd64-058) (gcc version 9.4.0 (Ubuntu 9.4.0-1ubuntu1~20.04.1)) #121-Ubuntu SMP Thu Mar 24 16:04:27 UTC 2
Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 12
Data path: /config
Application path: /system
MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FetchMainResult(String id, String language, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.EnsureSeriesInfo(String tvdbId, String language, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.FetchSeriesData(String tvdbId, String seasonType, String language, String country, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Tvdb.TvdbSeriesProvider.GetSearchResults(SeriesInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetSearchResults[TLookupType](IRemoteSearchProvider`1 provider, TLookupType searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at Emby.Providers.Manager.ProviderManager.GetRemoteSearchResults[TItemType,TLookupType](RemoteSearchQuery`1 searchInfo, BaseItem referenceItem, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

Yep there is something going wrong somewhere. I just nuked my Jellyfin docker and reinstalled it for tvshows (only a small lib about 130 shows) and it pulled all the TVDB meta no probs..

No request error's.. :)

Still not sure why! The internet has been funky today (slow.. even this forum!).. I sure it will get sorted out.

jellyfin.png

Also just one studio which made my day.. :)

TvShows studios metadata?

jellyfin2.png

Edited by Junglejim

Happy2Play
26 minutes ago, Junglejim said:

I just nuked my Jellyfin docker and reinstalled it for tvshows (only a small lib about 130 shows) and it pulled all the TVDB meta no probs..

I highly doubt they are using TVDB v4 api as Emby is paying for access.  I assume if one were to downgrade back to 4.6.7.0 with v3 api it would probably work just fine also.

As I am still getting the error

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests

• Agree 1

Junglejim
23 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I highly doubt they are using TVDB v4 api as Emby is paying for access.  I assume if one were to downgrade back to 4.6.7.0 with v3 api it would probably work just fine also.

As I am still getting the error

MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests

Yep I totally agree with that! That just proves that there is something going wrong with the new API..!?

I'm sure it will get sorted out. 👍

Emby is paying for the TVDB service and they would want it to work yes? :)

Edited by Junglejim

solidus28

Same "Too Many Requests" message in my logs this morning.  Using jellyfin manually for now to grab any new metadata.

Seger

@Lukas Schließe mich dem Thema an, irgendwie haben wohl einige ein komisches Auftretten mit der neuen APIv4. Haben wir nur sehr begrenzte API Zugriffe?

Kannst du es hochsetzen?

2022-06-12 15:32:29.024 Error App: Error in TheTVDB
	*** Error Report ***
	Command line: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 3.10.108 (root@build15) (gcc version 8.5.0 (GCC) ) #42661 SMP Fri Apr 1 15:30:46 CST 2022
	Runtime: volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume2/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodes(String url, Int32 page, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchEpisodesWithAllPages(String url, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.FetchMainResult(String seriesId, String seasonType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.EnsureEpisodesInfo(String id, String seasonType, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetEpisodeData(EpisodeInfo searchInfo, Boolean fillExtendedInfo, IDirectoryService directoryService, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Tvdb.TvdbEpisodeProvider.GetMetadata(RemoteMetadataFetchOptions`1 options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IEnumerable`1 providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)

TooManyRequests

embyserver (2).txt

DarWun

Something definitely seems to wrong with TVDB access at the moment. I noticed that season and episode numbers had been stripped from all the dummy missing/unaired episodes in a series I refreshed yesterday. When I looked in the log, I saw the same errors you all have reported. Going back through my logs, it seems to have started at around 5:35pm EST yesterday.

embyserver.txt

TheGrimKeeper
1 hour ago, Luke said:

tvdb should be back to normal now.

It's working again for me.  Thank you Luke!

• Thanks 1