Movies or TV Shows not playing from HDMI on Qnap

garegina
Go to solution Solved by garegina,

garegina

Hello

I have a TS-453BE running Firmware 5.0.0.1986. I use the hdmi port out of the NAS to my TV. I have reinitialised the nas and formatted the HDD. I have installed Emby Server 4.7.2.0 and Emby Theatre 3.0.15. I have restarted the nas after installing the server and ET. When I start Emby Theatre it loads the TV shows  folder but when I play an episode from a TV Show all I get is a spinning circle and the show never starts playing. I can play the same TV show from another TV using the Android TV and it plays perfectly so I think the server is OK. It seems to be an issue with Emby Theatre on the NAS. Does anyone have any suggestions ?  Thanks Gary

garegina

Thanks Luke

No 1 is choosing the episode to watch and the next 4 is the spinning circle which last for about 2 -3 minutes then the circle goes away and I'm left with the picture and take about 6 clicks of back button to return to main menu. I have only replace  the one TV show but other shows behaved the same also. Thanks Gary

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

embyserver.txt

OK we're working on a new build of Emby Theater for linux. Please follow along here: 

Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • Solution
garegina

Hi Luke Thanks for your email Yes it is working again. I had been using an Nvidia Shield so I hadn't checked it lately buy yes it is working again on my Qnap. I'll use that now. Thanks again

• Thanks 1