Active recording from TV guide not showing as active

justinrh

justinrh

Using the web app, I open the Live TV guide, picked a program that was in progress, poked Record.  In the guide it shows the red dot and the TV tuner is streaming to Emby.

Neither the admin Dashboard nor the Schedule show the recording in-progress.

Is this the same bug where series recordings don't show as in-progress when the show is being recorded?

Edited by justinrh

justinrh

Not really.  I wouldn't know how to do that 🙂 You can't see my screen.  Just follow the steps, is all I could say.

However, I've tried a couple of times to repro since and could not.  The 4.7.2.0 patch was applied somewhere in there.

When I just now tried on a movie, it showed up in both places, but I got some update lag (sound familiar?) on the Schedule page.

I then tried on a news show - it showed up in Schedule but not the dashboard.  WAIT!  As I was typing this, it showed up!  Wow this app UI update stuff is gonna drive me bonkers.

Now it is sounding like the same issue as the ATV app not updating timely.  I guess we can close this as a duplicate of that, so to say.

Edited by justinrh

• 3 weeks later...
justinrh
On 6/16/2022 at 5:02 PM, justinrh said:

Now it is sounding like the same issue as the ATV app not updating timely.  I guess we can close this as a duplicate of that, so to say.

11 minutes ago, Luke said:

are you still having an issue with this?

That's my opinion.  If it is seemingly random or there is a lag at times, I can't give you a definite answer.  I don't often go thru this workflow (looking at the different places for status).

• Thanks 1