Re: Coloured SRT Subs

ah786

ah786

Hi

I have muxed SRT coloured subs into a movie but emby doesnt recognise it and plays it the chosen colour you have selected. Ive tried the same movie on plex and it picks up

coloured subs without any issues. Can you pleaase fix this issue. I have the latest firmware installed and use an Nvidia Sheild Pro to play the movie.

Thanks

Happy2Play

I thought user settings-subtitles controlled this not the srt file.

What is your User Setting-Subtitles set to?

My user subtitles settings are set to size: Tiny Colour: yellow Brightness: Normal, but now you can get SRT subs that are colured where SRT subs mostly appear in yellow but who ever is speaking there name appears in different colour like the pic below. Emby doesnt always pick up the extra colour settings. Some SRT subs it does and some it doesnt. If you can fix this issue please it would be awesome.

example.jpg

Hi just tried it on web app subs dont work at all. The coloured subs work sometimes then stop untill i restart the emby app then they start to work again. Is there

anyway of fixxing this issue?

OK, I can confirm the styles are lost in the web app. There's a couple reasons for this. First, we use ffmpeg to convert from srt to vtt for the browser, and it looks like some things are lost in conversion.

But in addition to that, it appears the vtt format doesn't' even support line by line coloring anyway, only a global style at the beginning.

So to accommodate this would probably require a lot of custom development to bring the srt format directly to the browser. It's always possible for the future.