Episodes in Upcoming appear twice (missing & present)

Sparker

Sparker

It was suggested to me to make a Season 3 folder for a show to see when the episodes would air in Upcoming (I am waiting for the show Evil to resume Season 3). It's a great feature, so I have added other TV programs that have not ended and will resume in the coming months, but now some shows that I add to their season folders show as missing and as present,like on the screenshot

20220608_175559.thumb.jpg.25ad053c1064dd09f244484d08a139bb.jpg

The folder path is as follows:

-- TV Shows
---- Superman and Lois (empty)
------ Season 2 (this is where the episode is)

Some shows do not exhibit this behavior (I think mostly Season 1 shows), so it is odd to me.

It doesn't matter if it is "Yesterday" or "Today" in upcoming.

Sparker

It did not help, I should point out that this issue does not happen on the web, like accessing from http://192.168.178.11:8096/ I get it in Android TV and LG player apps. 

image.jpeg.549ba1ff44e436018fa007396428c497.jpeg

From local web browser all looks well, on my TV it looks like the first post image.

Sparker
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

That's odd you see it on LG. Can you show an LG screenshot?

Apologies, just checked and it does not happen on the LG.

Sparker
46 minutes ago, ebr said:

Is it ok on the android mobile app?

Yes it is, today on Android TV app: 

image.thumb.jpeg.d40fe31f631678df67a7aefa032aa14d.jpeg

Both shows are in their respective season folders.

3 hours ago, Sparker said:

Both shows are in their respective season folders.

Exactly which shows?

Sparker
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Exactly which shows?

TV Shows (root folder)
---Star Trek Strange New Worlds
------ Season 1 (episode is here)
---The Orville
------ Season 3 (episode is here)

And you are 100% sure that running a full library scan (not just scanning one library) doesn't clear that up?

The missing item shouldn't exist anymore if it has appeared in the library but it is the full scan that "cleans" that up.

Sparker
6 minutes ago, ebr said:

And you are 100% sure that running a full library scan (not just scanning one library) doesn't clear that up?

The missing item shouldn't exist anymore if it has appeared in the library but it is the full scan that "cleans" that up.

Yes, was I not clear with my post (and screenshot) when Luke requested the same thing?

I am tired of it, that's why I reported it. and even after an hour of adding the episodes the intro isn't detected as well.

I am even using the 2.0.75  version of the Android TV app (for the Intro skip button and to see if this bug was fixed).

And it is only in the "Yesterday" or "Today" rows?  IOW - they do clear up after a day or two?

Sparker

Upcoming doesn't go back further than Yesterday and I don't have any shows further than "today".

image.thumb.jpeg.ce916e539808de392b5280a7ddf5000e.jpeg

It also doesn't "clear up". The missing show even shows as "Played".

Hope all of this helps for a fix.

Edited by Sparker

And this duplicate is only in the "Upcoming" view?  It doesn't show up in any other method of viewing that episode/season?

Do you have the option to show missing episodes enabled for this user?

Sparker

It only shows in Upcoming view and I have "show missing episodes" option disabled in all libraries.

• 3 weeks later...
Sparker

I am still getting this. Looks fine in the web app, but on Android TV I was "missing" Westworld episode 1 from season 4, even though it was there, could not be played, I had to go into the Show in order to play it.

Again, the seasons are their own folder in the parent of Westworld, named like "Season 4".

This time, only the "missing" episode showed in "Upcoming", not twice like I previously have seen.

5 hours ago, Sparker said:

I am still getting this. Looks fine in the web app, but on Android TV I was "missing" Westworld episode 1 from season 4, even though it was there, could not be played, I had to go into the Show in order to play it.

Again, the seasons are their own folder in the parent of Westworld, named like "Season 4".

This time, only the "missing" episode showed in "Upcoming", not twice like I previously have seen.

Hi.  That scenario sounds like it would be what I originally suspected and be cleared up by a library scan.  Did you try that?

Sparker
1 hour ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That scenario sounds like it would be what I originally suspected and be cleared up by a library scan.  Did you try that?

I moved all shows from another library into a "current" TV library (shows that have not been cancelled) over the weekend and then did a full scan, and also by show to fix the intros, and then well after the library scans were completed of Season 1-3 and the empty Season 4 folder was already created for Westworld, I added Episode 1 of season 4 on Monday without initiating any manual scans, I did see that the task manager created 10 second interval thumbnails for that episode, so I assume the automated library scans happened on their own (which is also my preference, I don't want to do manual library scans every time I add an episode or two).

It's highly frustrating, and I feel like I have given a complete picture of what is happening in this topic.

Plus, this is for the "Upcoming" view, something that is only valid for a couple of days when the episode is present (today and yesterday) after that it is no longer displayed anyway. So its purpose is broken for me on some shows.

Edited by Sparker

59 minutes ago, Sparker said:

I added Episode 1 of season 4 on Monday without initiating any manual scans, I did see that the task manager created 10 second interval thumbnails for that episode, so I assume the automated library scans happened on their own

If you have real time monitoring enabled, that would have ingested the new item but wouldn't have done all the processes that are done in the global library scan (likely set to occur once per day for you).

So, the key would have been for a full library scan to occur after the new episode was added.  Assuming that has occurred by now, does the episode show properly in the app at this point?

Sparker
50 minutes ago, ebr said:

If you have real time monitoring enabled, that would have ingested the new item but wouldn't have done all the processes that are done in the global library scan (likely set to occur once per day for you).

So, the key would have been for a full library scan to occur after the new episode was added.  Assuming that has occurred by now, does the episode show properly in the app at this point?

OK assuming this was it (although a library scan I did on June 9 for the same issue in this topic did not fix it either) how can I invoke an automatic full library scan when content is added?

Also, it does not seem to affect the web or LG players, but it does affect the Android TV one, so what is the difference?

6 minutes ago, Sparker said:

Also, it does not seem to affect the web or LG players, but it does affect the Android TV one, so what is the difference?

Did you check this specific occurrence with any of those other apps at the same time?

I think this issue is a little different from what you originally reported and is system-wide.

Sparker
1 minute ago, ebr said:

Did you check this specific occurrence with any of those other apps at the same time?

I think this issue is a little different from what you originally reported and is system-wide.

Yes I confirmed it was displaying correctly ion the web app and on my LG TV last night, but not in the Android TV app. Since it always happens, it's hard to miss :P 

Okay, whatever idiosyncrasy is there will get cleared up when we unify the apps.

Thanks.

Sparker
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Okay, whatever idiosyncrasy is there will get cleared up when we unify the apps.

Thanks.

It happens with the stable and beta version of the Android TV app on Nvidia Shield Pro. 

I get what you mean about the upcoming not removing itself when the actual media is added to the library, just wish I knew why it keeps doing it and persisting for "Today" and "Yesterday" in Upcoming.