Weird network related issue

dyecast
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

• 2 weeks later...
dyecast

I posted a screenshot of the error.  Occurred on iPad, iPhone 11 and iPhone 13 Pro Max.  All iOS 15.4.1.

• 1 month later...
ich777

Hi,

I'm experiencing a weird issue on my iOS device (iPhone Xs, iOS15.5) with the latest version from Emby.
If I'm in me LAN/WLAN and try to play some media it simply doesn't work and it says that no stream is available, however if I'm connecting from outside my network (WAN) everything is working as expected.

Is there some way to debug this on my Phone?

Please note that this is only the case on my iPhone and on all other devices on my network it works as expected (Web Browser, Android,...) and I'm connecting with my domain name to Emby, so hair pin NAT is not the issue.

Thank you in advance.

ich777
On 6/8/2022 at 9:25 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, can we please look at an example?

Sorry for the delayed response...

I've now attached the server log and also the embyserver.txt where you can see that I've tried to start a stream at around 7:17 from my LAN which actually repeats over and over because the Emby tells me that there is no stream available when I click OK then the message appears again in the app and so on until I close the app.

As said above all other clients in my LAN work as expected with my domain name (Android, Windows, Linux,...).
No that I'm talking about that, IIRC if I'm trying to download files to my iPhone I think that even this is working from my LAN but I'm not sure about that and have to test that when I got home.

embyserver.txt embyserver-63790416000.txt

Edited by ich777

dyecast

Sorry for not getting back sooner.  I just generated the error and attached is the only one of the logs that updated its TimeStamp afterwards.

2022-06-10 @ 12:15pm was when I generated the error on my iPhone.

embyserver.txt

dyecast

I had been watching several shows remotely today over the WAN where Emby has to transcode.  Video is good.  Audio is good.

When I'm on my LAN, neither music nor videos work.  Weird.

• Solution
2 minutes ago, JoshL said:

If you go into settings, do you have the Local Network permission turned on for Emby?

He's referring to the iOS local network permission to grant the Emby app local network access. This is a requirement and the permission prompt is part of the install but you may have inadvertently restricted it.

See here to learn how to check this: https://macreports.com/local-network-access-on-iphone-what-it-is-and-how-to-enable-it/

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

ich777
49 minutes ago, JoshL said:

If you go into settings, do you have the Local Network permission turned on for Emby?

45 minutes ago, Luke said:

He's referring to the iOS local network permission to grant the Emby app local network access. This is a requirement and the permission prompt is part of the install but you may have inadvertently restricted it.

Thank you both!

Now I'm thinking that iOS is stupid sometimes... :D

• Thanks 1

dyecast
On 6/12/2022 at 11:32 AM, Luke said:

See here to learn how to check this: https://macreports.com/local-network-access-on-iphone-what-it-is-and-how-to-enable-it/

Let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Fixed it for me. Feeling REALLY dumb. It’s the little things.

• Thanks 1