Emby Theater playback overlay changes?

namakak

namakak

Hi,

In the past, while playing a local hosted video file, in the playback overlay, i was able to add the video to a playlist, or to my Favorites.

Now the overlay doesnt have these options anymore (tried in Emby Theater, on the local browser in chrome and also gone in the Android Emby apps).

Do I need a certain plugin to get those back? This is a function I was using all the time....

Thanks

2022-06-07 21_51_21-NVIDIA GeForce Overlay DT.png

Hi to the majority of users that is excess clutter in the video player. If we can find a way to work that back in somewhere smaller, we will.

namakak

Thanks for the answer. That's a shame because when using the shuffle options, there is no way to get back to the currently playing video "properties" to add it to your favorites or to a playlist.

Do users really use the PIP function that much that it's requires. Maybe replace the PIP with the old ... menu and add PIP in it... just saying ;).

20 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Why do play controls have to be on the left. How about the middle ?

There isn't a rule saying they have to be one or the other. It's just a little more common to have the transport controls in the lower left.

arrbee99

I ask as looking at the image above, you could put playback controls in the middle and then the four buttons presently on the right could be split, two on the far left and two staying on the right and hence you could reach them in fewer clicks.

44 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

So something like -

before -

1872598743_Embymovecontrolsbefore.thumb.jpg.106592ed00deb96aa4fd84bd7cd9067e.jpg

and after -

1055223204_Embymovecontrolsafter.thumb.jpg.679dcbfe716742e8606483ea6b86060b.jpg

It's just a matter of taste between the two, but audio and subtitles are generally something that are always right next to each other, no matter what player you use. I might even like to combine them into one menu at some point.

arrbee99

Well, you know, just an illustration, so which specific buttons would go on the left and which on the right would be up to you guys.

I'm all for de-clutter, but in this just suggesting quicker access to buttons / options. People do seem to like fewer clicks.

4 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Well, you know, just an illustration, so which specific buttons would go on the left and which on the right would be up to you guys.

I'm all for de-clutter, but in this just suggesting quicker access to buttons / options. People do seem to like fewer clicks.

Well the ultimate plan for TV mode is that when we know the device has equivalent physical buttons on the remote control, then the lower left buttons can be hidden, and the bottom tabs can slide up into that space. So the reduction of buttons will reduce clicks.

arrbee99

That sounds good. Don't know how you'd check whether someone is operating a Shield with a Harmony remote or something though. Still, thats probably which you're such a good programmer and I just make the occasional suggestion...

Edit - and dare I say, re the mentioned ultimate plan, maybe in the meantime...

Edited by arrbee99

We can always assume the remote will have directional and an OK button, so that should be enough.

• Agree 1