Logged users on device

rodainas

rodainas

I use login screen on some devices, I tested other users on some of my devices, now those users are stuck on my devices logon screen with no option to delete them, the only workaround is via hidding those userrs from login screen but then those users lose the ability to use login screen in their respective devices.

Is there a config file or section to delete users logged on the past from devices login screen?

GrimReaper

Not quite sure what you're describing there, are those local or remote users? 

rodainas

The server is completely remote, the users are remote and I am remote connected to it.

It occurs to me maybe backing-up those users on a new user then delete the older user and rename that new backed-up user.

The problem is am stuck with remote users on my login screen on various devices (androidtv, cellphone, etc.)

GrimReaper
32 minutes ago, rodainas said:

It occurs to me maybe backing-up those users on a new user then delete the older user and rename that new backed-up user.

That might work, as restored user will get new userid, make sure you tick Hide from devices not logged in previously in User settings. 

32 minutes ago, rodainas said:

The problem is am stuck with remote users on my login screen on various devices (androidtv, cellphone, etc.)

Yeah, AFAIK that's how it goes by default, all users that are not Hidden when connected remotely show up unless they're also Hidden from devices not logged in previously. Once logged in for the first time, don't think it's possible to get them removed afterwards without some sort of workaround. 

Edited by GrimReaper

Happy2Play

@LukeWould one need to delete the authentication.db for this or potentially edit it?  Or is this something in device cache?

13 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@LukeWould one need to delete the authentication.db for this or potentially edit it?  Or is this something in device cache?

Yes, but I think just deleting the device would also do it.

Happy2Play

@rodainashave you tried deleting the device on the server?  Settings-Devices-your device

rodainas
18 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@rodainashave you tried deleting the device on the server?  Settings-Devices-your device

Yes I tried it and no difference, the server keeps remembering the users for that device.

Edited by rodainas
typo

rodainas
27 minutes ago, Luke said:

Yes, but I think just deleting the device would also do it.

Nope doesn't work.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, rodainas said:

Yes I tried it and no difference, the server keeps remembering the clients for that device.

Only other thing I can thinks of is the authentication.db

shutdown Emby 

backup/delete the authentication.db

start Emby

rodainas
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Only other thing I can thinks of is the authentication.db

shutdown Emby 

backup/delete the authentication.db

start Emby

Thanks will try

12 hours ago, rodainas said:

the server keeps remembering the users for that device

Hi.  I don't really understand the issue.  The login screen is the same on all devices and shows all users not hidden.  One device would not show different user options than any other.

rodainas
2 hours ago, ebr said:
2 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't really understand the issue.  The login screen is the same on all devices and shows all users not hidden.  One device would not show different user options than any other.

I have logged with my own user and other users as a test on my devices (ios app, androidtv), now am stuck with those other users on my login screen, emby doesnt provide an option to remove users on login screens. I still have to try the alternative provided by happy.

I use this option for the users, as I said we all connect remotely to the server, no local user scenario. 

A41940F6-34DA-4403-9E76-152443EEB8FF.jpeg

It works good, the problem is when I log with a user on any device, i am stuck with that other remote user on my device, there should be an option to clear users from login screens.

Edited by rodainas

1 hour ago, rodainas said:

i am stuck with that other remote user on my device

Ahhh... That option changed at some point.  Thx.

rodainas
15 minutes ago, ebr said:

Ahhh... That option changed at some point.  Thx.

Thank you, so is just a matter of time for you to fix it right?

3 hours ago, rodainas said:

Thank you, so is just a matter of time for you to fix it right?

Well the option is doing what it says, so there's nothing to fix, right?

I'm surprised that deleting the device didn't help. That's what needs to be looked at, if anything.

rodainas
15 hours ago, Luke said:

I'm surprised that deleting the device didn't help. That's what needs to be looked at, if anything.

Sure that would be the problem. The device even has a custom name and after deleting it and reconnecting it returns with the same custom name. The device deletion is just not having any effect.

Edited by rodainas
typo