options for access to series recordings

justinrh

justinrh

Is there a way to restrict certain users from having access to certain series recordings?  Series is synonymous with "Recorded Shows" in the user access config page, right?  And under that is the folder location to the recordings with a checkbox, which looks like what I need.  The problem is that you are able to configure only one series location (Live TV > Advanced), so I can't configure locations to, say, SeriesA, SeriesB, and SeriesC then toggle access per location "Recorded Shows".

As far as I can see, I can control access only to all series recordings for a certain user.

Edited by justinrh

Hi, there currently is no way to do this, but the idea has come up before and is possible for the future. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

justinrh

Here is a workaround, in case someone else runs into this.  I had three series being recorded, one was complete and it is the one I wanted to restrict.  I moved the other two series folders to another folder, and I changed the recording location to this new folder.  In the library I added the new parent folder of the other two.  Now in the user access list for the "Recorded Shows" library there are two folder locations, and I can uncheck the restricted folder.

I'm glad Emby allows this level of control!

• Thanks 1