Song Titling

PuffyToesToo

PuffyToesToo

I would like to request song titling please. The option to display the song title on the screen during playback would be a nice little addition for music videos, thank you.

Hi, what do you mean exactly? Can't you always see the title of what's playing?

PuffyToesToo

Not for music videos, no. Basically, similar to a slide in text like what one used to see on MTV or other music station. So it would slide in at the beginning and end of the music video.

• 1 year later...
Tremas
On 6/6/2022 at 12:49 PM, PuffyToesToo said:

Not for music videos, no. Basically, similar to a slide in text like what one used to see on MTV or other music station. So it would slide in at the beginning and end of the music video.

Do you mean something like a "toast" popup? Something similar to emby's "Are You Still Watching?" prompt or the optional "Display rating information on video playback start?" If so, that could be a fun "nice to have," but I would suggest name, artist and year to make it useful. I don't think I would want it for the duration of the video though, and it would have to be optional. For me, the OSD works fine for referencing that information.

• Agree 1

PuffyToesToo
1 hour ago, Luke said:

But don't you see the title in the lower left of the video OSD?

I do on a desktop, but not TV.

PuffyToesToo
44 minutes ago, Tremas said:

Do you mean something like a "toast" popup? Something similar to emby's "Are You Still Watching?" prompt or the optional "Display rating information on video playback start?" If so, that could be a fun "nice to have," but I would suggest name, artist and year to make it useful. I don't think I would want it for the duration of the video though, and it would have to be optional. For me, the OSD works fine for referencing that information.

So, if you run something like OBS for music videos - you will get a fixed pan in from left to right for song title/artist. That's the same feature I'm looking for.

29 minutes ago, PuffyToesToo said:

I do on a desktop, but not TV.

Can you show a screenshot of what you see on the TV?