Home video issues over Internet

CasaWongo

CasaWongo

Hi,

I uploaded some videos that I shot on my Samsung S10 to a "Home videos and Photo" library. The vidoes played fine when I access them through my internal LAN IP address, but if I tried to access them remotely through the WAN, the video tried to load (i.e it's keep spinning) then I get a "No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

In Networking, I have Unlimited set for "Max simultaneous video streams" and blank for "Internet bitrate streaming limit". The funny thing is I have no issue with my other TV shows or Movies.. just these home videos. 

I played around with the Transcoding option as well, setting to No & Yes.. but it didn't change anything.

I don't know if this matter, but this is the video info for my home video. I noticed the Bitrate and Framerate are high compare to my other TV show videos.. is this why? Do I need to reduce them externally?

image.png.e1b07870367f46047c877c1a44453bf8.png

It's transcoding based on your in-app quality setting, but it looks like your server machine just isn't powerful enough to transcode on the fly. Does that sound right?

CasaWongo

Is there anything I can do to change this? I have an Asustor NAS and I don't think it support the hardware transcoding you have for the product. I'm using Chrome and Firefox to access the Emby server and both failed to play the video.. the last part of your support page for web clients indicate the web client is trying to determine the maximum playable bitrate.. is this something I can find out? if that's the case, can I convert it externally?

https://support.emby.media/support/solutions/articles/44001161840

Happy2Play

What is the client Playback setting set to?  Looks like 7Mbps.  Did you set a value in user setting?

I am guessing your Movies and TV are not 40Mbps.

2022-06-07 00:24:12.337 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectPlay limit: media bitrate: 40206480, max bitrate: 7000000
2022-06-07 00:24:12.337 Info App: Bitrate exceeds DirectStream limit: media bitrate: 40206480, max bitrate: 7000000

CasaWongo

I'm using Chrome and Firefox as my client.. how do I check that?

I also tried playing on my Android Emby app with the same problem, can I change the bitrate on that?

14 hours ago, CasaWongo said:

I'm using Chrome and Firefox as my client.. how do I check that?

I also tried playing on my Android Emby app with the same problem, can I change the bitrate on that?

HI, try clicking your user icon in the top right, then playback settings.