External Player MPC-HC x64 for Emby MCE browser, shuffle doesn't work?

Phone Guy

Phone Guy

Ok, I am having some subtitle out of sync errors, and I would like to get HDR working... So, I need to use an external player using windows media center and emby browser 3.318 IIRC.

I am using the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack  which installs and uses the x64 version of MPC-HC64 which handles subtitles differently, and with MadVR you can passthru HDR data to the display, so all thats great.  So I set the external player in the media browser configuration tool, and when playing 1 "title" seems to work, however we use shuffle (random) play a lot. When I press play when on a main tv series title (e.g. The Big Bang Theory or the Season 02 folder) the sub menu appears with the option to play random, but if the external player is set, nothing launches and nothing plays (I never leave the media browser screen at all). But if I select a single episode (e.g. highlight S01E01) and hit play, that 1 single episode plays....

Is there a way to use shuffle random play while media browser is setup to use and launch the external player?

Edited by Phone Guy

I honestly don't remember the details but I think not.  I think we only pass a single path to an external player.

Have you considered moving off of WMC with Theater or maybe even some new streaming boxes?

Phone Guy

Moving to a new platform is not an option for me because of my wife and kids. This was everything just works and I don't have to tech support issues, so I am going to try and stick it out with MCE until I cant.   The TV apps are pretty good actually, but they run into minor problems from time to time with sound, or no subs, etc. I have not tried Theater, and that may be the eventual destination, but for now I would prefer to stick with we know - I really do want to start a whole education process of switching platforms.

Maybe somebody might remember how to get shuffle/random play working in MCE media browser using MPC-HC ?? or even a different player???

Thanks.